• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

03 1/2 rev???

H
Jan 24, 2010
Well guys ive been looking at buying a cat because everytime I hop on one it feels good and does what I want it to do.. I rode a 05 rev once and the guy had some money into it clutch piping nitrous all that stuff and it really didn't impress me at all to be honest it was the biggiest piece I ever rode...But the other day I was riding with a friend and he has A 031/2 with porting and some other stuff and it might have been the best sled I have ever rode I fell in love And well I found one for sale for a descent price and its clean I was just wondering what you guys thought about them and if you have had any probelms...?

S
Oct 17, 2001
Milwaukee
It gets you into the Rev chassis, but there are some compromises for sure. I'm no Skidoo expert, but I believe the biggest shortcoming is the chaincase and driveshaft layout, compared to the '04-07 Revs.

But if it is clean, has the skid & track setup you want, and is priced less than a comparable '04 version- go for it. There is no such thing as the perfect sled for all people. Finding one you like and getting it dialed to your preference is what it's about.

H
Jan 10, 2002
PF, Idaho
03.5 summit is exactly the same as 04-07. It only came in 144. The 03 bevertail is the only model with shorter chaincase. The zx chassis chaincase will even fit the 03.5 to 07 REVs. 03.5 is good. It came with rebuildable shocks and chromoly a-arms, only downs side was rear suspension. Front arm on rear suspenson came from a ZX. In 04 it was lengthened and helped control the wheeling better.

H
Jan 24, 2010
well if i had the money I would just get an 08 but the 04 is around my price range I figured the 031/2 to 06 kinda like the 07 to 10 cats just small changes here and there nothing major just skids and stuff of that nature if I got the 144 i would change it to 151 at some point in time...

I

IdahoMike

Feb 3, 2006
Hailey, Idaho
Tried to return your PM on my 06 Summit X 151 but you being a Basic Member you can not recieve PM's. Shoot me another PM with your e-mail and I'll send ya some more pics of the sled you really need to be on.

DSC01901.jpg

Premium Features