• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Brake Rotor movement

1Fast68

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Renton, WA
2006 X 800 151

How much movement should I see out of the brake rotor? With the sled stationary you can grab the rotor it seems to have a pretty good amount of side to side movement. Do I need new pads? Do the rotors get loose on the shaft over time and need replaced?

Brakes still work fine, just don't like the amount of side to side play i'm seeing with the rotor. I don't have another Rev (or snowmobile at all) here to compare against.

Thanks in advance. Any info is appreciated.

R
Dec 25, 2007
i have the same issue, sounds like its comming appart haha. i was told its normal. but id like a way to get rid of that noise, it sounds like the bottom end of the engine is gunna **** the bed.

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
I have 2 of the 07 Rev's// 1 "X" and 1 Adrenalin model.

They have different rotors.. the X rattles and has a lot of play the ADR is much tighter and no noise..I can not find anything wrong with the X rotor but it sure is annoying.. Sounds like it is going to come apart

1Fast68

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Renton, WA
Very strange, but It sounds like its PAR for the course. I'll try not to worry about it then. I just picked up this sled so i'll be going over it to make sure its up for a hard seasons riding. Probably have quite a few questions along the ways.

Thanks!

D
Oct 13, 2008
They are annoying for sure. They have a key lock keeping them from spinning on the jack shaft. You can replace it and it will help alot, but it will still have some play and make some noise. Made mine sound much better.

C
Sep 8, 2010
east kootenay
They have side movement because the caliper is mounted solid, opposite of a car. When they are worn the excess movement will be front to back and have a metallic rattle like mine. yes annoying.

mc2stroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I have 2 of the 07 Rev's// 1 "X" and 1 Adrenalin model.

They have different rotors.. the X rattles and has a lot of play the ADR is much tighter and no noise..I can not find anything wrong with the X rotor but it sure is annoying.. Sounds like it is going to come apart

I 2nd Kesely's remarks. I have an adernaline and had the stock rotors for 2 seasons (no noise) I put an X-mdoel (wave) rotor on and with int 1 season it developed slop and made a bunch of noise. I found NO issues, so I woudl say it's normal.

Premium Features