• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

03 Rev 800

C
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
It is that time of the year again to start thinking about mods for the sleds now that Atv'n is getting boring and ready for sled'n!!

I have an 03 Rev 800 that has custom beaver delete kit, 136" track, snostuff rumble pack, I am 270lb rider, and I am looking for a clutch/gearing setup to give me more bottom/mid, I am not a racer so I dont really care for speed. I want to climb and have good steady power.

I am also looking for a better shock setup to put on my sled, like X package shocks, what year shocks would be good to switch out with mine?

Lastly what other year steering post can I throw on my sled? I want a T handle type setup so I can put higher riser on it like the 04's and up x packages.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
It is that time of the year again to start thinking about mods for the sleds now that Atv'n is getting boring and ready for sled'n!!

I have an 03 Rev 800 that has custom beaver delete kit, 136" track, snostuff rumble pack, I am 270lb rider, and I am looking for a clutch/gearing setup to give me more bottom/mid, I am not a racer so I dont really care for speed. I want to climb and have good steady power.

For that sled I would have to say go with a DJ's kit they work well.

I am also looking for a better shock setup to put on my sled, like X package shocks, what year shocks would be good to switch out with mine?
Fox makes a good shock but depends on how much money you want to spend.

Lastly what other year steering post can I throw on my sled? I want a T handle type setup so I can put higher riser on it like the 04's and up x packages.

All you have to do is buy a powermadd adaptor to the piveting style riser, then go to RSIracing.com and pickup your riser and offset riser mount adaptor, then find the best deal on brake line extension, and throttle cable extension, change them over ( mark your oil cable down on the block so you have some where close to go off of for the new one) and switch everything over. When I did this conversion on my 02 zx all togather it cost me around 300 bones!! But the way I look at it do you have the money to shell out for a newer sled or just keeping doing the little things to your old one. Either way it's fun to do the mods:face-icon-small-hap

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com

Are you only using your sled in the mountains or are you also running down at home?
I have a dual elevation kit that would knock your socks off for the 03.

Joey

Premium Features