• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

$6 gauge cage

snoluver

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Made this one up for six bucks and a half hour "shop time" aka miller time.:beer; Used the oem clamping ring flipped around to the outside.

sledgauge001-1.jpg
[/IMG]
sledgauge003.jpg
[/IMG]
sledgauge002.jpg
[/IMG]
sledgauge004.jpg
[/IMG]
sledgauge005.jpg
[/IMG]

W

W A O

Nov 3, 2009
WEST JORDON UT
Great old american way

NICE TO SEE SOME ONE THINKING AND SPENDING SOME TIME INSTED OF JUST SPENDING. THE GREAT OLD AMERICAN WAY.
NICE JOB:face-icon-small-hap

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
sweet idea:beer;

on this topic, i know a guy selling one for $60, its CNC cut, has a pivot to get your angle to your liking, and it powder coated, also have a screen filter installed, i think he said $60 shipped???

ill find out later:cool:

J-Dog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2007
Idaho Falls Id
Thanks for the post once in awhile someone posts a great Idea on here this is one of them Good Job ! :beer;

M

minecat

Nov 27, 2007
Winnemucca, Nevada
sweet idea:beer;

on this topic, i know a guy selling one for $60, its CNC cut, has a pivot to get your angle to your liking, and it powder coated, also have a screen filter installed, i think he said $60 shipped???

ill find out later:cool:

who, i like the idea of the swivel, also great idea on using the stock stuff

snoluver

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Thanks guys, it was just to simple cheap and efective to not share it with everybody. Dosn't look as good as the amp but it's functional!

D

dragon12

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Nice job thinking outside the box. Doesn't look bad at all and who would know anyways.

Question: What is going to keep the gauge from twisting in the hole or sliding off center from the vibration of the sled?

Last edited:

snoluver

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Nice job thinking outside the box. Doesn't look bad at all and who would know anyways.

Question: What is going to keep the gauge from twisting in the hole or sliding off center from the vibration of the sled?

I wouldn't say it will never twist, but it clamps down pretty tight. When I was mocking it up just trying to come up with ideas, I didn't really think it was going to work. To my surprise, it turnd out very sturdy after I tightend every thing up. I am going to try it as soon as I get some flippen snow and I'll let you guys know if it moves around at all.I can say that it does not vibrate at all with the engine ideling May have to add a second piece of flat stock going 90 degrees from the one thats in there now. Bolt them together in the center and that would give some additional surface area for clamping. We shall see!!

B
Sep 30, 2009
Spirit Lake, IA
Love this post!
Great idea on the gauge cage! As far as the roll over imaginary line, you could add another mounting plate to the angle you already have. Just extend the newmounting plate down further towards steering column. This should eliminate the rollover problem and still save yourself $120 IMO.
Use the $120 on something useful like beer or gas!

NICE TO SEE SOME ONE THINKING AND SPENDING SOME TIME INSTED OF JUST SPENDING. THE GREAT OLD AMERICAN WAY.
NICE JOB:face-icon-small-hap

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Great out of the box thinking. Not knocking the people at AMP or Wildchild, obviously they think out of the box also.:beer;

I would think to keep snow out of there all one would have to do is get some prefilter material, cut it to fit, and maybe hot glue it in place?

My brother made all his own filter kits on his M's hood doing just that. Cut the prefilter, glued it in place, and them added the stock vent material back on.

M
Mar 1, 2008
Canada
Really low cost, nice, and great!! :) I will do it! I will take door screen for keep the snow out!

FROGZSKIN!!, make a screen for this hole! PLEASE!

Premium Features