• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

better air intakes

T
Feb 14, 2008
Golden BC
i have never been happy with the stock intake setup on my sled. they get choked in deep powder (hard to carve in the deep when youve gota reach forward and wipe off your intake). i have a slp pre filter sock i guess it helps a bit? i have screened off the holes on the back side of the air intake box and sealed all seems on the air box as well. i want to something to modify this bought or home brewed i have some ideas just looking for others. photos would be great i looked at the slp intake kits but were it mounts looks like right were my knees would hit when going down steep hills. also the timber sled setup looks good but im not sure if i like the idea of pulling the warm air from under the hood. i thought about just adding a piece of flex hose to the air box and routing it somewere less prone to snow build up.

thanks

R
Nov 27, 2007
Cantaffordus, WA
www.mbhc.net
I have the SLP cold air intake as well as the pre-filter sock. Lastly, I cut open the outside of my outer airbox and panel and hot glued pre-filter over the hole in the airbox. I had Mt Fit custom cut an upper vent that goes over the air box. I don't have any pix but I am pretty sure I won't have to worry about bogging.

Rt

PA050096.jpg

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Portland,OR
i put some TPI low boy valves in my inner airbox facing towards the gas tank and then a few on my outer airbox. Lets it get more air and works pretty well.

S
Oct 17, 2004
edmonton, ab
rivets

I have the SLP cold air intake as well as the pre-filter sock. Lastly, I cut open the outside of my outer airbox and panel and hot glued pre-filter over the hole in the airbox. I had Mt Fit custom cut an upper vent that goes over the air box. I don't have any pix but I am pretty sure I won't have to worry about bogging.

Rt

PA050096.jpg

I see you riveted the two hood vents in place
I was thinking of doing the same. I am always putting them back tight when the snow pushes them out of the clips.

just use stainless?

Premium Features