• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

opening up boards, can it be done without eliminators??

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
was wondering if you could cut out every other strip where the holes are in the boards to get bigger holes to get the snow out of the running boards? have heard this is a weak spot so not sure if you can do this or do you need snow eliminators to help with support? 07 rev

Last edited:

castlesledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Northcentral Washington
The REV running boards are definitely a weak spot, here is one option for you to consider - significantly strengthens the running board while allowing opening the boards up considerably.

rev2-1.jpg

We call it the REV-Solution - more info and ordering available at: http://www.castlequestent.com/Sno Free Ski Doo.html

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
yeah i wouldnt recomend just cutting the boards. i would go with snow eliminators/better boards or the ones mentioned above. i have the snow eliminators and love them. highly recomended, whichever brand you choose.
IMG_0771.jpg

D
Oct 13, 2008
Like stated above. It is not a good idea. Spend the money and do it right or he will regret it. I have snow eliminators and really like them.

By the way nice boards castlesledder. Look like thet would work as well if not better than the eliminators:beer;

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
In a post before this RETODD has some left over ones for $70 + 12 shipping hard to beat that price

running board snow

I used a jigsaw with a small blade and cut the plastic on the side panel to the front of the foot rest and removed the black rubber flapper on the front hole.The front hole eliminates any snow build up and the snow will not pile up in the front of the running board.
If you cut straight across on the plastic on the top portion and then make a line to follow the front aluminum foot rest/tunnel support.It does not look bad at all it gives the side panel a nice look.

Premium Features