• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018-2019 Island Park / West Yellowstone Snow Reports

CATDIESELPOWER

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2009
IDAHO
And its RAINING down here in the valley

Jeez, I HATE WARM WINTERS!

No kidding, i HATE rain and frozen mix in winter. I’m always thinking, PLEASE just a few degrees colder and we’d be getting dumped on!!
Is it normal to fear rain, sleet, mist and chinook winds more than cancer or nuclear ☢️ war?:face-icon-small-dis

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Perfect, their 12:30 posting still showed closed, looks like we’re in.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Snowmobile Reports – Idaho

Trails Groomed by Fremont County, ID • 208-624-7266 • website

Remember all snowmobiles, regardless of their state/province of origin, are required to purchase an Idaho snowmobile registration. It is the law. All recreation vehicles operating over snow in the winter are required to purchase a snowmobile sticker (A summer OHV sticker is not valid for this activity in the winter). The sticker pays for grooming, plowing of the parking lots and all snowmobile related activities. Without your contribution to the county grooming programs, grooming and parking lot plowing will cease to exist.

<table style="height: 1140px;" width="857"><thead><tr><th align="left">Trail</th><th align="left">Last Groomed</th><th align="left">Comments:
Avalanche conditions continue. Please avoid Twin Creek and Black Canyon Trails and the Centennial (Mt. Jefferson)
mountain range!!!
</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr><td align="left">Baker Draw</td><td align="left">2/15/19</td><td align="left">
</td></tr><tr><td align="left">Big Springs Loop</td><td align="left">2/18/19</td><td align="left">
</td></tr><tr><td align="left">Black Canyon Trail</td><td align="left">2/9/19</td><td align="left">
</td></tr><tr><td align="left">Cave Falls Trail</td><td align="left">2/10/19</td><td align="left">— Idaho’s corner of Yellowstone NP!</td></tr><tr><td align="left">Centennial Loop</td><td align="left">2/13/19</td><td align="left">— Lower</td></tr><tr><td align="left">Chick Creek Trail</td><td align="left">2/17/19</td><td align="left">
</td></tr><tr><td align="left">Eccles Trail</td><td align="left">2/8/19</td><td align="left">
</td></tr><tr><td align="left">Fish Creek – Lower</td><td align="left">2/4/19</td><td align="left">
</td></tr><tr><td align="left">Fish Creek – Upper</td><td align="left">2/15/19</td><td align="left">
</td></tr><tr><td align="left">Flagg Ranch Trail/Grassy Lake</td><td align="left">2/9/19</td><td align="left">
</td></tr><tr><td align="left">Green Canyon</td><td align="left">2/13/19</td><td align="left">
</td></tr><tr><td align="left">Island Park Business Area (Island Park Village to Last Chance)</td><td align="left">2/18/19</td><td align="left">— Stamp Meadows
— Flat Rock Trail
— Poleline Trail
— Box Canyon Trail</td></tr><tr><td align="left">Meadow Creek</td><td align="left">2/18/19</td><td align="left">
</td></tr><tr><td align="left">Highway 47/Mesa Falls Scenic Byway</td><td align="left">2/17/19</td><td align="left">— Warm River Springs Trail
— Wood Road One Trail
— Lower Mesa Falls
— Upper Mesa Falls</td></tr><tr><td align="left">Rea’s Pass</td><td align="left">2/18/19</td><td align="left">
</td></tr><tr><td align="left">Sawtelle Trail/Bootjack</td><td align="left">2/18/19</td><td align="left">
</td></tr><tr><td align="left">South Antelope Trail</td><td align="left">2/18/19</td><td align="left">
</td></tr><tr><td align="left">Two Top Trail/Twin Creek</td><td align="left">2/18/19</td><td align="left">
</td></tr><tr><td align="left">Valley View /Targhee Pass Trail</td><td align="left">2/8/19</td><td align="left">
</td></tr><tr><td align="left">Warm River Trail</td><td align="left">2/8/19</td><td align="left">
</td></tr><tr><td align="left">Warm River Springs Trail</td><td align="left">2/8/19</td><td align="left">
</td></tr><tr><td align="left">West Henry’s Lake Flat</td><td align="left">1/30/19</td></tr></tbody></table>

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
ACCESS IS HORRIBLE!!!
The worst I have ever seen it in the last 10 years mid-winter.

but the snow up top is absolutely FABULOUS!!!

1e7ec34f3bd2059c70991678320a8523.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Fremont County Trail Report - February 18, 2019

Fremont County Trail Report
Monday, February 18, 2019
Avalanche conditions continue. Please avoid Twin Creek and Black Canyon Trails and the Centennial (Mt. Jefferson)
mountain range!!!

The following trails are scheduled to be groomed the night of February 17:
Two Top Trail
Rea's Pass
Meadow Creek Trail
Big Springs Loop
Sawtelle Trail
Bootjack Trail
IP Business Area
-- Stamp Meadows
-- Flat Rock Trail
-- Poleline Trail
-- Box Canyon Trail
South Antelope Flat Trail
Fourth of July Trail

==============

Looks to me like they have deliberately chosen NOT to groom Black Canyon to keep as many people OUT of it as possible.

Its a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE RIDE IN, but worth every single WOOP once you get on top!

Sled_Doctor

Premium Member
Feb 13, 2012
SW Wisconsin
Agree on the trail conditions. We arrived Saturday afternoon and have rode a mix of on & off trail. We turned around half way up Black Canyon this morning. Worst trail conditions I've seen here since we started coming 8 years ago. We ended up riding on the top end of Fish Creek and snow was as good there as I've seen it.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Agree on the trail conditions. We arrived Saturday afternoon and have rode a mix of on & off trail. We turned around half way up Black Canyon this morning. Worst trail conditions I've seen here since we started coming 8 years ago. We ended up riding on the top end of Fish Creek and snow was as good there as I've seen it.

I STRONGLY SUSPECT they have suspended all trail grooming on the loop to keep sledders AWAY from the Avy Danger

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
If they are going off the avalanche report they might as well sell the groomers and close the business's down in both west and island park. If I was a business owner I would be livid about this. Oh I forgot west is becoming not friendly to sledders anyway just look at the expo.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
If they are going off the avalanche report they might as well sell the groomers and close the business's down in both west and island park. If I was a business owner I would be livid about this. Oh I forgot west is becoming not friendly to sledders anyway just look at the expo.
I spoke to a LOT of visitors on Saturday and all of them were VERY ANGRY!

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Silly kids, just there for five days. Only rode 100 yds of trail and 50 of that was straight back out so we could cut back in on a parrellel run through the trees.?

Sucks the grooming was lacking but we found untouched from lot to top each day. Fantastic Snow!

I’m usually a weekday rider there, was blown away the amount of people flocking in.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Silly kids, just there for five days. Only rode 100 yds of trail and 50 of that was straight back out so we could cut back in on a parrellel run through the trees.?

Sucks the grooming was lacking but we found untouched from lot to top each day. Fantastic Snow!

I’m usually a weekday rider there, was blown away the amount of people flocking in.

Told ya it was AMAZING up on top!!
Worth the ride in.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Oh My
There is some SNOW coming to our mountains...

My favorite little spot, Honey Badger Ridge is expecting some snow!.

7-10" Sat

9-14" Sun

8-12" Monday

6-10" Tuesday

3-6" Weds

2-5" on Thursday

What a week this is going to be...

Premium Features