• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Want back in the Game

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Only problem is you will have to find other Yammi riders to ride with because I am not going into the woods with a guy on a 650lb sled. Dig that pig out yourself! I think a used Nytro is a horrible idea... Keep that one on the trail, or better yet the trailer...

The point of the thread is that he's on a budget.
When you factor in purchase price, operating costs, potential repairs and finally selling price, the Yamaha likely provides the lowest cost of ownership.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
The point of the thread is that he's on a budget.
When you factor in purchase price, operating costs, potential repairs and finally selling price, the Yamaha likely provides the lowest cost of ownership.

Pretty sure that would be a wash... I have had 2 2010 M8s in the fleet since 2012, so 6 seasons. They have not needed any repairs, just gas, oil plugs and belts. Once they have depreciated this far selling price is moot, they will both be $2000 sleeds after a few more years but I bet the M8 will be a LOT easier to sell, at least in Mtn country.

In the meantime you will have a more powerful, lighter, better handling sled in the M8. The Nytro is a handicap at best. If you never intend on leaving the trail then maybe but the M8 will badly outperform the Nytro everywhere else.

B
Jan 1, 2016
Thanks for the input guy's. I picked up a clean 09 M8 162 with minimal mods that is very clean. It belonged to a friend who is upgrading, Right at 2k miles. Should be good for me for a couple of years. I don't see myself every buying a new sled again. The prices are just too much for me, and seeing as two or three year old sleds are half the price that's where I'll go.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Thanks for the input guy's. I picked up a clean 09 M8 162 with minimal mods that is very clean. It belonged to a friend who is upgrading, Right at 2k miles. Should be good for me for a couple of years. I don't see myself every buying a new sled again. The prices are just too much for me, and seeing as two or three year old sleds are half the price that's where I'll go.
Good choice!

B
Dec 14, 2010

Congrats! Any feedback on the new sled? I’m in a similar situation as you were and strongly considering a 09-11 M8

Premium Features