• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PERC Problems

lord7

Lifetime Membership
Mar 12, 2009
Spring Creek, NV
Okay everyone, when I hit the reverse button, sled just dies and doesn't even try to restart in reverse. Acts like a kill switch 100% of the time. Here is what I have done, let me know if you have another idea. Swapped in new spark plugs, swapped coil leads between mag and pro, backed off belt deflection, bypassed throttle position sensor, set tps to .700 base, set it low, set it high, set iddle low, set idle high, blipped throttle in process of reverse, ohm out 5 tooth crank position sensor and 2 tooth sensor, new fresh fuel, added fuel at idle, compression is 110 per cylinder, reeds are new... Sled is a 2012 pro rmk 800 155. I'm sure I've done more, but forgotten. Any help us appreciated.

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
Does not sound like you checked the tss flipper clearance, that will cause the PERC problem, I use a Dime or a loose credit card to clearance the flipper using the instructions in the owners manual.
gtwitch in wyoming

H

Hansen13

Oct 22, 2011
Cranbrook, BC, Canada
Sled only has 100 miles on rebuild and compression is only 110psi per cyl?

Seems like you've done everything, I had the same issue last year as well. Turned out to be a coil. I replaced both of them from RMSTATOR and all has been well since.

lord7

Lifetime Membership
Mar 12, 2009
Spring Creek, NV
Perc

Yes, new mono block cylinders and new pistons with rings gapped. Been 110 since I've owned it. Alright I'll check that. Also heard if the brake is slightly pressed these sleds won't go into reverse? I'm going to check that as well.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Yes, new mono block cylinders and new pistons with rings gapped. Been 110 since I've owned it. Alright I'll check that. Also heard if the brake is slightly pressed these sleds won't go into reverse? I'm going to check that as well.

Correct, if the brake is applied...OR if you have a bad brake switch or wiring problem and the ECM thinks the brake is applied they will not go into reverse. BUT, that wont make the sled die as you stated. Its simply just doesnt do anything when you push the reverse button.

Premium Features