• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DJI Phantom 4 Pro + Drone

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Got the spark due to it's size and the fact all my current action cams have the same frame rate and pixels. Not a professional so the video is more than adequate for me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

idahosledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
The new air looks interesting. If I didn't already have a Mavic I may look more into that. Kind of the size of the Spark which would be nice.
I like the better slomo quality and rear sensors, but less range and flight time ruins it for me.
8ab789f5e89f8551c9e107ed5c429aaf.jpg

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
I like the better slomo quality and rear sensors, but less range and flight time ruins it for me.
8ab789f5e89f8551c9e107ed5c429aaf.jpg

When I looked at it last night there was just not enough "better" things to get me to switch.

I was hoping that maybe I could run my Mavic remote with the AIR and get a cheaper version of the AIR but I did not see that option yet. But that new remote looks much cheaper then the Mavic pro one so it probably would not be that much of a discount anyway.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
That thing looks pretty darn cool.

Heres a question.

are there any safety accessories that allow the thing to float??? ... I'd be using it over water videoing my customers boat deliveries etc..

How hard are these things to fly?

My business partner has one.
He flew the drone from his summer cabin down to the lakeside, found me, then followed me on my jetski for 15 minutes all over the lake then flew it back up to his cabin.
Thing worked great over open water and yielded some FABULOUSLY fun video.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
That might keep it from SINKING.
But if it falls from the sky its going to land electronics side DOWN and flood all the circuitry!

You might survive a Lake Ditch if you are very careful and dry everything out and it just happens to NOT short out.

But if you are over Salt Water, ITS A GONER.

Premium Features