• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'07 Rev 800r 151. Randomly Shuts off?

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
This one is stumping me guys, but the last 2 times I went riding my sled just randomly shuts off. Typically it will be at steady throttle like on the trail, but this isn't always the case. I can't seem to save it. (feathering the throttle). No warning lights, no beeps, and it starts right back up first pull. I'm leaning towards a faulty kill switch or some sort of intermittent electrical issue that can be triggered by the sled jostling around, but I don't know what to make of it.

For a while I couldn't get it to hold idle, then I tried wiggling a few things (key, kill switch, and choke) and it worked for the rest of the day. I almost got hosed really bad climbing in some trees where it died on a side hill while climbing (luckily the snow was pretty setup..but I could have been in a sticky situation otherwise).

Anybody else dealt with a similar issue?

V

Vailguy

Apr 24, 2008
Foothills
here is a shot in the dark...
ECM stock location is below the headlight. Snow hits headlight melts drips on connector on ecm and .....
I relocated mine to the 440 location with the oil delete. I have heard this can be an issue.

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
A good call, but unfortunately both days riding that this has happened were very setup days (hasn't snowed in 2 weeks). So no/very little snow was getting up and over the hood. However I will pop the ecm cable off, clean it put some dialectic grease and make sure it's sealed. hmm. I should just double check that connection is sealed though.

A
Nov 21, 2008
i bought my 08 new and i had quite a few problems with the dess cord not making proper conection with the post on the sled. it was replaced three times and reprogrammed.

Premium Features