• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'07 M1000 modifications

J
Oct 3, 2010
I have a '07 M1000 and am thinking about putting a Speedwerx can and Speedwerx y-pipe. Does anyone out there have this setup or one close to it who can let me know if they're inpressed with it or not? Would I have to run a fuel controller or power commander with this set up? Thanks!

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
It helps but if you want to feel a gain get the full pipe system. Some will tell you with a y & can you don't need a fuel controller but I know for a fact I would have burnt mine down without some more fuel. You can run also run a pressure regulator and up the fuel pressure to get more fuel. Although if you don't have a power claw track, it will give you more performance than a the y & can.

MT Backcountry

Lifetime Membership
Aug 29, 2008
Montana
Speedwerx

I ran the y-pipe and can only for about a year and even had the SLP intake system with a K&N filter on the intake with no underhood air intake at all saves about 10 to 15 LBS. total with all done. I never had any fuel controler on mine but I also had the 2008 EFI mapping, DONT do this with the 2009 ReMap or you will burn down, also Im at 3000' to 7000' elevation. Never had a problem 800 to 1200 miles. You will feel a minor lean spot in the low to mid ranges and need to keep reving or burping the throttle to keep it from being to lean. I also have a friens with the same set up on his 2007 M1000 and y-pipe and can and Intake as explaind above, he has 1500+ miles with no problems at all ever. Good luck It works great.
:face-icon-small-hap

J
Oct 3, 2010
My '07 has not had any re-mapping done to it. So when I take it down there only have it mapped to '08 standards not '09? Also, with your y-pipe, can and air intake did you notice considerable gains?

MT Backcountry

Lifetime Membership
Aug 29, 2008
Montana
Yes my buddy has the mods i mentioned and he runs very close to mine with the Speedwerx Pipe added to the combo + BDX nose cone intake system also Speedwerx sells same kit + Attitude Box I now run because of the Pipe. They might fight you a little on the Remap 2008 Speedwerx can do the remap is Cat fights it.
:face-icon-small-hap

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
The 07 map is richer than the 08 I would leave the map the way it is, the 07 ripped, my 07 stomped the pi$$ out of many 08's with the same setup. I have friends with 07-09 with y and can that have never had a problem. When I bought my 07 it came with a y-can, intake and I rode it a bit and checked the plugs, they where white, hardly brown. It takes over a 12 sec at full throttle to get the temps up and most of the time could probly even make a 15 sec pull(which is longer than you would think). But when I increased the fuel and got the right amount to it, it pulled a lot harder and a lot less worries.

Premium Features