• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"Enzyme" fuel treatment reduces the effect of E-10 Gas,

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Has anyone run this stuff "Enzyme" By "STAR TRON"
Their claims are pretty impressive.

1 once to 16gal of fuel --
Stabilizes Fuel for 2 years+
eliminated pre-detonation
blends water with fuel so it wont collect to the bottom of tank
removes carbon and cleans engine
Increases fuel Economy
Increases power
Basically they say its the chit, supposed to keep the fuel from breaking down and keeps it all mixed together, also it breaks the fuel into smaller molecules for better oxygen mixing while cleaning the engine with less emission output.

I just got a case of it that should treat 1536gal of gas, Cost about a $113 and if I add 1 once per fill up it should be good for 96 fill ups or 0.85 cents a fill up. cheap insurance if you ask me.

Heres a link
http://mystarbrite.com/startron//content/view/100/136/lang,en/

H
Dec 12, 2009
If this additive is really an enzyme it will not do anything it claims. Enzymes are made of protein with a particular 3 dimensional shape to work. These proteins only keep in an aqueous environment. Gasoline is a non-polar solvent that will denature any enzyme .

It may work to clean your engines combustion surfaces, but any claims to additional oxygen bonding or any anti microbial benefits are just plain false. There isn't (and this is fact you won't want to overlook) a single study that can confirm a single benefit that these fuel enzyme manufactures lay claim to.

Snake oil is probably the best analogy I can come up with.

H
Dec 12, 2009
Just for the fun of it I went and found the MSDS for this product, it kind of confirmed what I was thinking.

This product contains a purported 5% proprietary organic compound and 95% heavy naphtha solvent (also used as paint thinner). Now while heavy naphtha is common used to produce high performance fuels, it does not as it sits contain any performance enhancing properties.

At a 1 ounce to ten gallon mixing ratio you could mix nitro methane and not have any noticeable change in power output or performance. Even as a catalyst in a chemical reaction the concentration would be ineffective to produce the results claimed.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Kinda what I assumed, But I'm willing to give it a try. I think any better economy or performance would be from cleaning and not from the additive, if any. I don't usually get sold on this stuff, but a friend of mine added stabil to his sled for the summer and we got more snow so we took it out (pg TM1000) and it ran better with less hicups than before, we went one more time with the same results. So rather than buying stabil which was around before E-10 got popular I figured I would give it a try. I have already sold half the case so I'm not out much if there is no gain. I will see soon enough if there is any noticeable gains.

H
Dec 12, 2009
Fuel stabilizers perform a much different function than this product does, and they for the most part work very well at what they were intended to do.

The only difference you would run into when dealing with ethanol based additives is the hygroscopic properties of the additive. The really the only way to take care of water in the fuel is to use isopropanol alcohol or methanol or a combination of the two.

H
Dec 12, 2009
This product doesn't contain anything that can stabilize branched hydrocarbons, which is usually the first component to deteriorate with age.

On top of that a product can not simultaneously make a product more volatile to improve the combustion process and make a product more stable to prevent premature varnishing.

And for what its worth fuel stabilizers do not create a lean condition, the do have a distinct odor but thats about it.

Alcohol or methanol based fuel dryers on the other hand will create a lean condition, they are also very effective at reducing emissions if you have a vehicle that is on the border of not passing state IM.

M

Mnt bound

Aug 16, 2008
Western Colorado
So will this stuff stabilize gas as well as stabil? That's what intrests me. I buy gas 1000 gallons at a time in my farm tanks and dump like 10 big bottles of stabil in the tanks when they are filled. 1oz to 16 gallons is a lot better than 1oz to 2.5 gallons. That much gas lasts me 6-8 months. (not just for sleds). Is there a Diesel Stabilizer out there? Is it needed when I go through about 1000 gallons in 6 months.

fasta76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2008
Lumby,BC
So will this stuff stabilize gas as well as stabil? That's what intrests me. I buy gas 1000 gallons at a time in my farm tanks and dump like 10 big bottles of stabil in the tanks when they are filled. 1oz to 16 gallons is a lot better than 1oz to 2.5 gallons. That much gas lasts me 6-8 months. (not just for sleds). Is there a Diesel Stabilizer out there? Is it needed when I go through about 1000 gallons in 6 months.

You could try K100 for Diesel. Used it in our trucks and such with great success.

http://www.k100fueltreatment.com/main.html

F

Firetrail

Nov 29, 2007
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
??

Snake Oil. A fool and his money are soon parted.

Has anyone run this stuff "Enzyme" By "STAR TRON"
Their claims are pretty impressive.

1 once to 16gal of fuel --
Stabilizes Fuel for 2 years+
eliminated pre-detonation
blends water with fuel so it wont collect to the bottom of tank
removes carbon and cleans engine
Increases fuel Economy
Increases power
Basically they say its the chit, supposed to keep the fuel from breaking down and keeps it all mixed together, also it breaks the fuel into smaller molecules for better oxygen mixing while cleaning the engine with less emission output.

I just got a case of it that should treat 1536gal of gas, Cost about a $113 and if I add 1 once per fill up it should be good for 96 fill ups or 0.85 cents a fill up. cheap insurance if you ask me.

Heres a link
http://mystarbrite.com/startron//content/view/100/136/lang,en/

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
So no one has ran it and has no idea of real world outcome, I have found as many products that work great as I have found that are snake oil, so its a draw. A good sales man is never out of his money, I can keep some for myself to test and get my money back out of it. You want to buy some:D
For diesels look at redline, although i didn't use a stabil (I think they have some), I used one of there additive that gave power, quieter engine, better mileage. So a friend tried it in his Kennworth T550 and saw big gains in mpg. (the kind of gain neither of us expected, but he hasn't run it that long and we're still skeptical) But it is better than anything else I have tried.

F

Firetrail

Nov 29, 2007
OK

Most of the benefits of these things is mental. If you "think" your engine runs better,quieter,longer it probably is the stuff for you. As for me I am going to tape some magnets to the gas line of my M so my fuel is "polarized" before I burn it. YA that's It.

So no one has ran it and has no idea of real world outcome, I have found as many products that work great as I have found that are snake oil, so its a draw. A good sales man is never out of his money, I can keep some for myself to test and get my money back out of it. You want to buy some:D
For diesels look at redline, although i didn't use a stabil (I think they have some), I used one of there additive that gave power, quieter engine, better mileage. So a friend tried it in his Kennworth T550 and saw big gains in mpg. (the kind of gain neither of us expected, but he hasn't run it that long and we're still skeptical) But it is better than anything else I have tried.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Most of the benefits of these things is mental. If you "think" your engine runs better,quieter,longer it probably is the stuff for you. As for me I am going to tape some magnets to the gas line of my M so my fuel is "polarized" before I burn it. YA that's It.

LOL. Don't forget the intake turbine that makes the air vortex into your engine.

I know the difference between mental satisfaction and the real deal, either you know there is a gain, But even if you think there is and can't prove it, its not worth it.

SledheadPaul

Premium Member
I started running it last year and used in my sleds when stored them in May. I wasn't having any fuel issues so I just use it as a preventive because I have had fuel issues in the past in other sleds. I don't have anything negative about their product and everything is working fine. Right now looking at the fuel in the sleds it smells and looks clearer than I have ever seen it in the Fall. I quit using Stabil years ago, it made the fuel deteriorate quicker IMO. I would drain it out and run it vehicles and not run it for the first ride.

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Im using this stuff as well, it has been very popular in the boating community, and so far no negatives.

F

Firetrail

Nov 29, 2007
Wyo I hope you know I am just stackin it on you a little. I suppose there are some of these things that do some good but it is so tough to tell. About the only one I am "pretty" sure about is Isopropyl alcohol but you need to use that in moderation also. By the way, I bet there is somebody out there with a garage full of those vortex things.

LOL. Don't forget the intake turbine that makes the air vortex into your engine.

I know the difference between mental satisfaction and the real deal, either you know there is a gain, But even if you think there is and can't prove it, its not worth it.

Premium Features