• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RT 1000 carbconversion

Dec 21, 2008
Any one done this. I think i would just need carbs and an 800 stator. What size carbs? Currently have an 1100 Bikeman, was running twin crankshop pipes and blaimed them for a season for the sled running tempermental and having to play with the boonie box every day the sled was fired up. I then got sick of it and decided I would sacrifice some power and run a single Dynoport pipe and can and the thing is still tempermental as always. Ive been thinking it would be nice to run the twin pipes with carbs and variflow and ditch all the electronics.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Member Gus Bohne has been using carbs on his I believe. I thought Crankshop may've been playing with the idea also. As far as tuning your pipes, are you running the 2 into 1 muffler or the twin stingers? Do you have the later spec'd dimension pipes? The twins can run well if all is okay with the motor, fuel, timing, raves, etc.

If you're not running good with a single, then it's not the pipes causing your problem rather the twins are magnifying the underlying issue. Have you had your injectors cleaned and flow tested? Fuel pump? Which low press fuel pump are you running? Rather than going to carbs, I'd be trying to diagnois why your sled doesn't run well with the single.

G
Apr 23, 2008
Myself and Craig Marchbank have done many conversions both with pies and turbos.
You must change to the harness and ignition from any carbed rev also.

The gains are big, the tuning is simple and the bang for the buck is worth every penny.

You can get the 7 degree or 10 degree carb adapters from the crankshop or Craig. you can also use the sdi 600 boots for large carbs.

Gus

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
What map are you running? Many have had trouble with aftermarket pipes and ended up swaping back to the stock pipe. IF you can get it tuned to run with pipes then it's worth it but that seems to be a big IF.

The only way I see to deal with the RAVES is to pin them open and I for one don't think the gain on the top would be worth the loss down low. If you were a flat lander then it would be workable, but I need the grunt to pull from off idle WOT when in the steep trees we run here in PNW. Heck the strong bottom end is the RT1000 strong point.

Do you have a T-stat, installed? Are you running an air box? Some have found that they could not get them tuned without the airbox's but you'll still need the filters.

I don't see carbs paying off unless you are adding a turbo or you ride in areas were you only need top end to large shutes or to go fast across the lake. Of course I understand the benifits the carbs bring to bottom end wash down and lubrication but this is a runability issue.

Dec 21, 2008
Ive ran the stock airbox, pods, raves are set proper,have t stat installed, running 07 mid map, the twins I had were the twin stinger pipes. I can go out for a day and get it to run spot on at lets say - 15 celcious. Than ill take it out the next week at -5 and it will run lean at the same settings as it had at -15 the ride before. Im getting really sick of trying to fix BRP junk maps and non stop electrical issues on this machine.

Premium Features