• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'07 w/ 3300 miles & need opinions

R

rob80168

Dec 28, 2009
Western Wyoming
'07 Adren. w/ 3300 miles on 3 seasons (was a leftover unit). Head was machined by Star Valley in Thane Wy. & an SLP can but otherwise it is as factory. So far, so good, not a single let down, known on wood. I had expected to be in an '09 or '10 XP this coming fall but economics took an unexpected turn (and not for the good). Anyways, working with what I have for the moment and most likely for all of next season I'm expecting to pull the motor and send it to..... That is where all of you out there come in to help me. (A pre-Thank you for all of your help) OK, let me know about the pistons, the 2 ring updates vs. an aftermarket (do I want to go ceramic coated) remember that you are talking to a nail driver by trade and by birth so use a lot of small words and talk slow. Also please address the crank bearings. I've read just enough to be dangerous about having the machining done for better lubrication than stock. Please let me know where you have sent your hardware to and had good luck and what I'm looking to spend. Ego tells me to spend a couple $'s more than I should (remember the machined head thing?) but when in doubt I will go the route of reliability every time. I'm assuming V Force reeds already (right?) but do I want to toy with an 860 or am I giving up in the reliabilty department and opening up a can of worms. I freely admit that I have not kept up on the current debate on the bigger bore. Please feel free to go above and beyond for what you send me for info. No matter what I set aside to spend I have already have accepted that it will not be enough, it never is. I can skip eating for the month of August, I had been planning on losing a pound or pound & 1/2 by next season. Again, thank you all.

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
'07 Adren. w/ 3300 miles on 3 seasons (was a leftover unit). Head was machined by Star Valley in Thane Wy. & an SLP can but otherwise it is as factory. So far, so good, not a single let down, known on wood. I had expected to be in an '09 or '10 XP this coming fall but economics took an unexpected turn (and not for the good). Anyways, working with what I have for the moment and most likely for all of next season I'm expecting to pull the motor and send it to..... That is where all of you out there come in to help me. (A pre-Thank you for all of your help) OK, let me know about the pistons, the 2 ring updates vs. an aftermarket (do I want to go ceramic coated) remember that you are talking to a nail driver by trade and by birth so use a lot of small words and talk slow. Also please address the crank bearings. I've read just enough to be dangerous about having the machining done for better lubrication than stock. Please let me know where you have sent your hardware to and had good luck and what I'm looking to spend. Ego tells me to spend a couple $'s more than I should (remember the machined head thing?) but when in doubt I will go the route of reliability every time. I'm assuming V Force reeds already (right?) but do I want to toy with an 860 or am I giving up in the reliabilty department and opening up a can of worms. I freely admit that I have not kept up on the current debate on the bigger bore. Please feel free to go above and beyond for what you send me for info. No matter what I set aside to spend I have already have accepted that it will not be enough, it never is. I can skip eating for the month of August, I had been planning on losing a pound or pound & 1/2 by next season. Again, thank you all.
The 07 Adrenelin is one of the most fun sleds you can own.. Trust me... I own one and love it!! Great choice...

My advise, with that many miles, is to get the crank looked at..Replace the pistons, change some clutching (call me for info if you like) and enjoy the sled.

Our 860 was designed around that sled.. It is extremely reliable and works very well.. So, that is another option.. But look into the crank before anything especially if you are going to big bore it.

Hope this helps,,, feel free to call me if you want to discuss any options

Kelsey

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
The 07 is a much better balanced sled than a XP.The XP has no usable footwells,Its a great trail chassis.Those who argue this forget how much control the footwells provide,The XP is the only sled without footwells,Dont figure?

Premium Features