• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HPS can on an 800 rev

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Looking to try to improve the fit between the pipe and can on my rev. The bell on my hps can seem to be about half the size it needs to be for proper fitment of the flange gasket. Called hps, they told me that the can was made to hold the stock gasket, but I dont think so... Anyone else have this problem and know a part# for a flange gasket that will fit properly. Looks kinda ratty as it is, considering the price they charge .....

cover pics 014.jpg

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
yeah that does look a little hinky

Is there a different can for the XP vs the REV? Could you have the wrong one?

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
The guy who sold me the Rev bought the machine and the can from the same dealer (AMDS) at the same time in 2006. yeah that's some pretty hillybilly :eek:looking action eh? Sounds sweet and hauls a** though

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
That can is for an '03 Rev (they did NOT have the donut gasket that year). The guy bought the wrong can!

Have FUN!

G MAN

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Man I'd hate to think that the dealer would have sold an "outdated" product to a customer buying a new machine, but then again nothing would surprise me any more:rolleyes:. He bought that silencer the same day he purchased the machine.. they knew what it was going on...

Premium Features