• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2004 Rev 800 HO / reeds or not and aftermarket pistons or not

S
Dec 23, 2007
Washington
My engine has about 1900 miles on it and I'm told I need to replace the rings or pistons before the rings flake. Do I go with dual rings? I've also heard that the stock pistons from a 2006 800 are the best fix.

I've got an aftermarket can on it so would reeds and a better intake help the performance and if so which kind.

Anyone shaved the head for higher elevation compression or is a aftermarket head better.

Just looking for the best way to get the most reliable performance from this sled

M
Dec 7, 2007
I installed a set of SPI pistons, 3mm base gasket (V-force reeds look like the stockers so I stayed stock). I did install a Dynoport pipe into the stock can. If you're looking to make more power, RkTec has a "kit" for the HO motor.

S
Nov 26, 2007
www.sled-parts.com
My engine has about 1900 miles on it and I'm told I need to replace the rings or pistons before the rings flake. Do I go with dual rings? I've also heard that the stock pistons from a 2006 800 are the best fix.

I've got an aftermarket can on it so would reeds and a better intake help the performance and if so which kind.

Anyone shaved the head for higher elevation compression or is a aftermarket head better.

Just looking for the best way to get the most reliable performance from this sled

If your looking for a package deal, we have Boyesen RAD valves with SPI top end kit on sale. If you wanted, you could substitute vforce instead of Boyesen.

http://www.sled-parts.com

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
If your carb boots are good, I wouldn't bother with reeds.

RKT and BJ both have drop-in piston kits...which is probably cheaper than Doo pistons.

Premium Features