• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

swaybar

A
May 5, 2009
Palmer, Alaska
How hard is it to remove a swaybar on a 2003 MXZ Sport. I long tracked it but I think it would side hill better if the swaybar was removed. I see how to unhook it, but I was worried about getting it to push all the way out the other side without getting hung up. Any help would be appreciated.

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
Die Grinder is your friend. Honestly the '03 was the thickest bar and a real PITA to get out. Don't bother trying to save as it's junk so carve at it I say.

Have FUN!

G MAN

Last edited:

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
Cut mine off with a Dremel, I tried to remove it but after about 3-4 hours of pushing and pulling I said the hell with it and cut it off. If I ever decide to put one back on to sell it i'll just buy a used one online.

I don't think you need to cut it to get it out. I just removed my SB yesterday from myt '04 Summit (which is think is the same in terms of the SB).
Remove the plastic couplers on eacy a-arm, then remove the 10mm bolts holding the clamps to the frame. You need to either jack up the front, or put it on it's side to wiggle the SB out. It took a little work pulling and tugging since I have a skid plate the got in the way a bit, but it came out clean. From start to finish it was 20-30 minutes.

Premium Features