• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RT1000 engine in a REV? Anyone?

B
Jul 21, 2001
Regina, Canada
Sounds like a really good combination,, that's what I was hoping Doo would offer, as I do want to upgrade,,, I was hoping the new 1200 was a 2-stroke,,

From only what I have read, it sounds quite difficult due to size and electronics. If you already have an 800 that can be rebuilt with a big bore kit, that would likey be a better route to take. But I'm sure there will be lots of other opinions and information shared on this topic,,, I believe if you search a bit, there are even pics of this project already completed, either here or on Dootalk.

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
I will be working on this conversion in the XP chassis my as an option to my turbo kits. This set up will be done with carbs to eliminate the issues with the efi system Ski-Doo chose for the 1000. The RT and XP are similar in the engine mounts compared to the REV. The REV would be tougher but I'm sure it can be done.

Dave

C
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Owning a RT myself and comparing the two under the hood, good luck. Have you seen the size of everything on the RT compared to the rev? There isn't room for ANYTHING in the RT, and the side panels add a TON of extra room. I'd say it is nearly impossible, because the RT clutch is way to wide. If your looking for big power, just buy a RT, throw some money into it to drop the weight, add some more power and there won't be a rev on the hill that will stay with you :beer;

Premium Features