• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 800r R.A.V.E need help. (rave)

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
I decided I was going to clean up my R.a.v.e system today before the season starts (possibly Tuesday!!!) . I pulled one of them all apart, cleaned it and went to put it back together, and I can't for the LIFE of me get the larger metal ring (the one that seals the boot) back on. Whats the trick, or is it just some serious patients and a steady hand.

On a side note there was oil all over the place and a little carbon. Not sure how they are supposed to look when you pull them apart. There was even oil in the boot.

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
To get spring back on, loop a tiewrap thru the band, put your first finger thru the loop, use your other hand to hold the wire band that you have started in place and continue around. If need to reseal bellows use copper RTV sealant first. Replace o-rings if oil in bellows.

Have FUN!

G MAN

Last edited:
B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
To get spring back on, loop a tiewrap thru the band, put your first finger thru the loop, use your other hand to hold the wire band that you have started in place and continue around. If need to reseal bellows use copper RTV sealant first. Replace o-rings if oil in bellows.

Have FUN!

G MAN

Hey thanks, I ended up getting back on by rolling it off a spray can that I punched a hole in the bottom of (so the cap would sit flush with the can) It took HOURS to get it back on, cleaning and everything else took 15 mins. So if there was oil in the bellow I need to replace the o-ring..crap.. I guess that means I need to take it back apart again. I'll give the Zip tie trick a try this time around.. damn I was really hoping to never have to do that again. hahah. I also noticed some wear on the valves them selves. I'm thinking I should order up the 09 valve set, man it up and just replace them and the o rings.

Last edited:
G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
>>I'm thinking I should order up the 09 valve set, man it up and just replace them and the o rings.<<

For the '07 800R, yes, that would be a wise move!

Cheers,

G

Premium Features