• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TITANIUM AND STAINLESS STEEL MUFFLERS

turbonium

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2009
Titanium Pipe

Does the Titanium pipe hold heat well enough or do we need to run a heat shield with it?

brandon

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Does the Titanium pipe hold heat well enough or do we need to run a heat shield with it?

(cut and paste from webpage)
Our TITANIUM PRO-LITE pipe really cranks out the power on the Axys 800 motor adding 8-9 horsepower over stock! It's also 8-9 pounds lighter than stock!!! It fits great and you can even put your stock heat shield on it if you really want too. The polished appearance is premium, and the heat shield is not required. No fuel controller is needed!
http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?id_product=252&controller=product
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are a few questions of my own:

1. does the estimated 8-9 pounds include the weight of the heat shield being removed

2. any chance you will be making a quiet version of you Ti silencer

Last edited:

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Said it before....will say it again. WHY do companies advertise exhaust for sale and and not have DB level ratings listed right in the first post. A DB meter is less then 50 bucks. BUY ONE, USE IT, POST RESULTS. Video clips are pointless. give us numbers for the stock system and numbers for what your selling. Pretty simple. Eric

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
We can all guess the "why's" they don't.

A 10 can DB shootout would be a popular thread around here, but probably cost 5k to conduct. No ringers, simply purchased blind. The poster would be a hero.

Speed Shop Inc.

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2009
Cannon Falls, MN
www.speedshopinc.com
OSM magazine is working on an article where they doing that.

I will get a DB meter and show some results. I put a sound clip up. I will do another one soon revving it up on the stand to higher rpms. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

Speed Shop Inc.

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2009
Cannon Falls, MN
www.speedshopinc.com
(cut and paste from webpage)
Our TITANIUM PRO-LITE pipe really cranks out the power on the Axys 800 motor adding 8-9 horsepower over stock! It's also 8-9 pounds lighter than stock!!! It fits great and you can even put your stock heat shield on it if you really want too. The polished appearance is premium, and the heat shield is not required. No fuel controller is needed!
http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?id_product=252&controller=product
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are a few questions of my own:

1. does the estimated 8-9 pounds include the weight of the heat shield being removed

2. any chance you will be making a quiet version of you Ti silencer

Yes, with no heat shield. The Titanium versions are almost half the weight of the steel or Stainless ones. So our stainless pipe weighs about 9 lbs, and the titanium ones are about 5 lbs. I will put the production parts on the scale when they are finished.

I think you will be very happy to hear how quiet our muffler really is.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Yes, with no heat shield. The Titanium versions are almost half the weight of the steel or Stainless ones. So our stainless pipe weighs about 9 lbs, and the titanium ones are about 5 lbs. I will put the production parts on the scale when they are finished.

I think you will be very happy to hear how quiet our muffler really is.

How much does the stock one weigh?

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I will get a DB meter and show some results. I put a sound clip up. I will do another one soon revving it up on the stand to higher rpms. Thanks everyone!

Its a week later, whats the test results with the DB meter? Eric

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I could see maybe 5 or 6 pounds on the titanium pipe. I think they went wild on the numbers. 5 pounds on an axys is huge. No more double digit weight loss on these new sleds excluding the muffler. I guess you can do Patrick's rear suspension but you are looking at almost $500 per pound.

B

bailer

Nov 26, 2007
Saskatoon
I ordered one of these titanium cans tonight!
I've never actually seen one in person, so kind of a wing and prayer type of deal, lol.
Definitely not the cheapest can so really hoping for high quality! Picture looks good!

Speed Shop Inc.

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2009
Cannon Falls, MN
www.speedshopinc.com
My bad. The stock cat pipe was 14 lbs with the heat shield. The Polaris pipe is less.
The stainless pipe will weigh similar to the stock pipe with no heat shield (8 lbs), and the Titanium is not quite half as much. When the production pipe is done I will put it on the scale for you guys. If you have a loud muffler our pipe will actually make things a little quieter too, just a little fun fact.

Our pipe is makes more power than stock, so if you want more power, you have two choices. If you want more power and less weight, then you can buy the titanium one.

I thought OSM was going to be here by now to do the db test. And I still don't personally have a DB meter. But we will. Feel free to try to kick me in the nuts. All good.

Thanks for the interest and comments! Thanks for the orders everyone!

Premium Features