• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How to adjust for powder riding?

T
Nov 20, 2012
I have an 06 Renegade 600 sdi. How should the limiter straps and shocks be set for powder carving and boondocking? Not looking for info such as "get a new track", because thats not an option. I'm headed to the Big Horns next week. Obviously not a mountain sled but it will be a step up from the firecat I brought there last year.
Thanks

B
Purty sure the Gade has a coupled rear skid which unfortunately is more for suckin up trail bumps n corners than slinkin over powder, I would think softening everything up to the edge of too soft (for your weight) is the best you can do, there might be some rubber bumpers on the skid you can flip up to lessen the coupling effect, ditchin the sway bar would help, make sure your bars are set up for a comfy standing pos. lower gearing(19tooth sprkt). Correct jetting for where your headed(despite dpm). Proly click up to get rpms. That's my .02, I had a gade awhile back. Ride safe.

Premium Features