• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trailer LED Lights

M

miko

Nov 28, 2007
So. Dak.
Does anyone have anything that can be put on a LED light to keep snow from sticking to it.

My LED's do not get hot enough to keep the snow off from it and are hard to see on snowy roads.

Thanks!

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Hmm, good question, never thought about that.

If there is a product that works maybe it would work on other things like sleds too.

R

robertyoke

Dec 26, 2007
colorado
have you looked at them while lit even with snow? my trailers led's are so bright that even with the snow dust stuck to them they still make a bright red snowball. How thick can the snow get before it falls off? 1/2 inch maybe the most ive seen. so unless you have something catching the snow under the light and not letting it slide off perhaps?

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Ive tried Pam cooking spray on my pickup mud flaps. They were all 4 clean, then I sprayed 2 with Pam.

After driving thru snow, slush, all the flaps had the same amount of buildup. The chunks "may" had come off a little easier on the Pammed side, but if there was a diff it wasn't much.

M

miko

Nov 28, 2007
So. Dak.
I didn't know if WD40 would work since it's a water displacement. I haven't tried anything before but was thinking there should be something out there to spray on to keep snow from building up.

I know that after a while the snow will fall off but would like it if they were always bright while driving in blizzard.

Bubba

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
turkey ridge sd
LED

I was told they make a thing you stick on the light like a wire mesh and you wire it in to the elec, you turn them on in the snow but i still havent found where to get them yet.

Premium Features