• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

gopro 3 battery life

S
Jan 29, 2010
Meridian ID
What are you getting for battery life on the new silver gopro 3? I only got about an 45 mins of video out of the battery if I was lucky. It was charged fully the night before. Is this normal?

B
Dec 12, 2007
w.kootenays
back up battery

hey,

i don't have a 3, but have a hero2 and a orig gopro, battery life in both sucks in the cold....i bought a mophie back up battery and leave it plugged into the gopro while i'm riding keeps it charged up full up untill the moment i want a shot....as soon as im done recording i plug the gopro back into the battery. Got tired of missing the shots cause of a dead gopro,

D
Dec 15, 2008
Cody, Wy
I picked up the the hero 3 black addition, my battery life sucks when its cold. I picked up a extra battery for 25$ hopefully that will make it last all day.

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
What are you getting for battery life on the new silver gopro 3? I only got about an 45 mins of video out of the battery if I was lucky. It was charged fully the night before. Is this normal?

Are you running your wifi? Is the blue light flashing? I noticed that made a good difference in battery life on mine. The 3 is so easy to operate that I fine the remote pointless so why eat up battery life.

Here's a clip of the last few days here in Utah with my 3. Weird thing, I could only get it to load in 720. I have the camera set in 1080 mode. :face-icon-small-con

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K2WDAGW5HU4&feature=m-ch-fea

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
Are you running your wifi? Is the blue light flashing? I noticed that made a good difference in battery life on mine. The 3 is so easy to operate that I fine the remote pointless so why eat up battery life.

Here's a clip of the last few days here in Utah with my 3. Weird thing, I could only get it to load in 720. I have the camera set in 1080 mode. :face-icon-small-con

How much were you able to record on one battery? I bought a wifi remote but concidering using it just on the fourwheeler, motorcycle, and bicycle if it'll save battery in the cold. Hoping I'm able to get around an hour per battery. Is that pushing it or would I be better off taking a 12v charger with me?

medicman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Spokane
I have had both the gopro 2 and the 3 and can't get much better than 40 min.to an hour out of the batteries plain SUCK.. So I now have sold both gopro's and am looking into the drift ghost hd. So we'll see what happens next.

M

Msteel900

Mar 7, 2013
Go pro

Everybody on our trip got terrible battery life out of our gopros. 2 of us had the backup batery PAC and that got us a extra 20-25 min. 50 dollars not well spent. Definitely getting a different camera for next year.

Premium Features