• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hero Camera Mounting Option - By Request

T

TheGuyX

May 17, 2009
Regina, SK, Canada
I've had a few people ask me how I mounted my camera for some of these videos. I am just going to cut and past my response from another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRS_SLED
Sick snow!! Could you post a pic of your camera & sled mount? Cool perspective. Thanks!

What I did is I ordered some tough bars from Kayalu. I ordered all three size bars.
http://www.kayalu.com/k/toughbar-ram...e-airplane.php

Then I took the 14.5 Inch and the 10.5 Inch and mounted them on two separate spots on my rear bumper with U-Bolts to reduce the side to side shaking. I joined them at the top with a U-Bolt and then mounted the Hero2 HD facing forward. Next time I do this I will also add my remaining 8.5 inch bar to get another 10 inches higher. I also plan on mounting this in front facing back on my next trip in two weeks.

I at first tried to have a single bar mounted up, but there was too much shaking as noted by this earlier video up Quartz Creek. I figured you had to reduce the side to side shaking more than the slight shaking forward.

This Video is with a Single Bar up Quartz Creek

This one is with the two Bars and it seems more steady especially going through ruts areas where you get a bunch of feedback.

Last edited:
Premium Features