• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Torn Timbersled Aro track

J
Nov 20, 2017
Anyone have any advice if this is repairable and if so the best way to do it? It is fully torn from the clip where I am holding it and partially torn at the next clip. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_20171231_144917.jpg

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
E6000 glue works on the lugs... Don't know about the windows...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

E
Dec 19, 2007
No repair will last very long on that type of tear and it will probably get worse and the whole thing will fall off And the steel clip won't stay on anymore. I run an sx track and have 5 or 6 windows in a row like that. My track still works great and I have thousands of miles on it that way but I tried to sell the kit and no one would buy it with a track like that. If it bugs you enough to buy a new track put me on the list to buy your old one.

M
Jan 14, 2004
A buddy of mine ripped his track similar to that. He repaired it using some kind of vulcanizing cement then he sewed it using a super heavy duty braided nylon thread stuff. I think a heavy gauge spider wire fishing line might do it using a tough craft needle. Finally he covered the sewing with the glue. Its still holding after 5 years. Worth a try.

M5

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Cut that whole lug completely off leaving it with nothing to grip .
Over explained that but I understand the disappointment in the damage unless your willing to try what M5- suggested .

jrlastofthebreed

It seemed like a good idea at the time
Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2016
Coeur d'Alene ID
Anyone have any advice if this is repairable and if so the best way to do it? It is fully torn from the clip where I am holding it and partially torn at the next clip. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

It would be worth looking into but timbersled offers a 1 year warranty and last year they warrantied my buddies 16' track. Might be a lot better then fixing it....

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
torn and tight

I have talked to two ARO owners new to the snow out in the woods.

One guy had noticed his track was torn and lug missing in 6 ft of snow ? His track out of the box was banjo string tight, real bad. When we loosened his track he was dazzled by the new found performance. I am pretty sure the over tight track in moguls was the reason his track was going to pot.

Couple of days later I helped pull a guys new ARO out of the back of his truck and it just wouldn'd roll. New kit, newly installed, track almost toooo tight to comfortablely just roll away in 1 st gear. You flat could not turn his track by hand......no way. Polaris must be afraid of the tracks falling off in the box ?

S

s.back

Jan 29, 2017
rohnert park, ca.
How do you no if a track is to tight or to loose? I looked in my owners manual and could not find anything on adjusting track. I have the aro.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
That's an argument that's been beat to death for years .

Adjust it to where you think it needs to be if you think it's to tight . Never heard of anyone ever throwing a track off a wahls ..... i mean poos skid .

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
How do you no if a track is to tight or to loose? I looked in my owners manual and could not find anything on adjusting track. I have the aro.

Loosen it up a bit. It will roll much easier. If it ratchets then tighten it a little. When it stretches ii will start to ratchet so tighten it a bit more. Basically you want it just tight enough not to ratchet.

E
Dec 19, 2007
Mine got torn like that from stabbing the rails. You can see the tip of the crossbar and steel clip looks kind of bent. Mine are the same way. The rail tip is the only thing that really touches that crossbar. The old ts didn't have plastic caps on the rail tips and if the track was loose enough you could hit a log and push the window over the rail tip. I also don't think there is quite enough curl on the tips of the TS rails but not much you can do about that.
The Aro skid has more outward travel from the drivers and more space for things to push in between the driver and rails.

J
Nov 20, 2017
It would be worth looking into but timbersled offers a 1 year warranty and last year they warrantied my buddies 16' track. Might be a lot better then fixing it....

Just heard back from Polaris. No warranty as they said "it looks like it has been cut" Not real surprised but figured I'd report back. Thanks to everyone for the advice.

jrlastofthebreed

It seemed like a good idea at the time
Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2016
Coeur d'Alene ID
Just heard back from Polaris. No warranty as they said "it looks like it has been cut" Not real surprised but figured I'd report back. Thanks to everyone for the advice.

What a load of BS! One thing i LOVED about timbersled was the customer service. Guess thats not the main priority anymore.... Sorry bud.

SteepNdeep450

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2014
Bozeman, MT
What a load of BS! One thing i LOVED about timbersled was the customer service. Guess thats not the main priority anymore.... Sorry bud.

I wouldn't see any company covering track damage from riding, not manufactures fault. Snowbikes don't have much of a window there, it's going to happen. From what I gather quite a few people have kept running them without the outside edges of the windows and works fine.

Premium Features