• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro Rear suspension sags?

schmidty89

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2008
Spirit Lake IA
12-Pro 800. Rear suspension sags More that normal, whole group has the same sled and mine runs about two inches lower and will bottom out a lot easier! Have ran both factory springs and aftermarket z bros spring. (I think the zbros are a 160 and 225 pound spring) not currently on machine, Had both shocks rebuilt last year and it seemed to help for the first trip and then went out again. When I reinstalled I set as close to factory spec as I could. Not a big guy 180-190lbs plus gear and minimal survival gear under seat bag, What is causing my suspension issues when the other five in the group are fine and untouched?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
My 11 did it, bought a 15 td and thought the better shocks would help but it did it also. My buddies 12 does it too.

schmidty89

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2008
Spirit Lake IA
Nope, always lift sled to make adjustments but when marking measurements and such it's flat on the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dboe03

Lifetime Membership
Mar 31, 2014
Fargo, ND
This may have no basis in reality, but mine did/does the same thing. I even brought it in under warranty but that said it was at factory. What we noticed that when it sits for a prolonged time it seems like it sags a bit, but after you get out riding it seems to stiffen back up. Could it be the nitrogen needs to worked a bit to build compression back up? I honestly have no idea but I can guarantee that when I get home tonight my sled will have it standard sag, but after lifting and moving around the skid it will sit higher.

I'm sure someone will hop on here and say I'm idiot (quite possible) but I swear this has been how my sled has operated since day 1. FWIW, 2014 SBA, factory suspension

schmidty89

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2008
Spirit Lake IA
This may have no basis in reality, but mine did/does the same thing. I even brought it in under warranty but that said it was at factory. What we noticed that when it sits for a prolonged time it seems like it sags a bit, but after you get out riding it seems to stiffen back up. Could it be the nitrogen needs to worked a bit to build compression back up? I honestly have no idea but I can guarantee that when I get home tonight my sled will have it standard sag, but after lifting and moving around the skid it will sit higher.

I'm sure someone will hop on here and say I'm idiot (quite possible) but I swear this has been how my sled has operated since day 1. FWIW, 2014 SBA, factory suspension

this does sound a little familiar from my first ride last year. Just like any other liquid under pressure, heat will increase the pressure. I will have my buddy look into this when we rebuild them this weekend.

schmidty89

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2008
Spirit Lake IA
come to think of it my track might have been right on the fine line of weather it was loose or within spec. Ill check that when I'm back in the shop.

Premium Features