• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FIRST START OF THE SEASON?? TAKE 5 MIN AND DO AN EASY FLUSH OF THE FUEL LINES FIRST.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
If your sled has been sitting since last season, with the old gas in it.

If you have not fired up your sled yet for the season...Best to drain ALL the old gas out... ALL of it.. and fill with fresh... with your fuel system cleaner of choice and some pre-mix oil... and, without starting the sled.... run the fuel pump on prime mode for about 5 minutes to flush the, pickup, pump, fuel lines, fuel rail of any varnish or sludge buildup.

The moment you fire the sled... what ever is in the lines... be it fresh gas or old gas... will be pushed through the injectors.

Priming the system leaves the injectors closed... but circulates fuel through the entire fuel system.... best to start off the season as fresh as possible. If you run the prime for a while... the first fuel the injectors will see will be as clean as possible. :face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:

1madbird

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
West Bountiful, Utah
So first year of riding a Pro. Is there instructions on how to do the fuel pump prime mode? Mine does not have a battery so i would have to hook one up. I checked the manual and did not see any instructions on how to do this.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Hmmmm... I posted it yesterday... don't know why it did not show up.

Yea... lots of them will just start up.

I like to prime the system and run it to flush out any old fuel ... or fine particles that may be left in the hose from manufacturing... or from the change process rather than running that through the injectors right off the bat.

Priming takes a couple of seconds with a 12v battery and some jumper wires(I often use a Dewalt 12V cordless battery).

attachment.php

D

Drewd

Feb 2, 2012
Colorado
www.imnotrightinthehead.com
Sounds like a great idea but is it really necessary? A double dose of Stabil in Springs and sled runs great each winter. I do use a bit of Chevron Techron on winter's first fresh tank though.

Premium Features