• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Camso Conquer 280

WyoPro

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
Laramie, WY
Purchased a 9336M Conquer. 156"x2.80"x3.0". Bought from tracksforless.com for $780 shipped. TracksUSA was about $880 shipped.

Who else is going with this new track?

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I am interested in how it works for you. My local dealer (very astute mountain sled guy) is not real high on the 3.0 or the 3.5 (which is also available) for the Polaris Axys. He likes the way the 2.86 pitch track works better. I want to see how the new track works in the snow. I might consider one for next year or later in the season if the reports are good. Seeing how the new Ski Doo 3.5 pitch track works will also help.

WyoPro

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
Laramie, WY
I am interested in how it works for you. My local dealer (very astute mountain sled guy) is not real high on the 3.0 or the 3.5 (which is also available) for the Polaris Axys. He likes the way the 2.86 pitch track works better. I want to see how the new track works in the snow. I might consider one for next year or later in the season if the reports are good. Seeing how the new Ski Doo 3.5 pitch track works will also help.

The new series 6 track from Polaris, the 2.6" track, is performing substantially better than the series 5 2.4" track...both 2.86 pitch. Would you say it's possible the physical characteristics of the track are making a bigger difference than the pitch?

I thought about going with the 3.5" pitch 280, but didn't figure the performance gained would be worth the extra cost involved with buying another set of drivers since I already have the 3.0's, and I wanted to stay with the 7 tooth drivers because of boost.

Guess we'll be able to find out fairly soon...snowing on the mountain right now and has been off/on for most of September!

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Could be the track versus pitch but my dealer contends that is not the case. He is not often wrong. The theoretical advantage of a greater pitch or the opposite are not in my wheelhouse without running them side by side in identical conditions. I have read the pros of the longer pitch tracks. I do know that the Polaris 2.6 works very well in every condition encountered last year. It worked better than my Camp last 3" did on my 13 Pro. Some of that was the sled but not all of it.

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
Who else is going with this new track?[/QUOTE]

I bought one on monday from tracksusa.com for a $100 more than on tracksforless.com. I've never heard of tracksforless.com until I read your post....wish I had to save some cash. I bought the 174" track. My sled has to much HP for its current track. I'm planning to have it installed before the following weekend. I hope this track will make a noticeable difference.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Seems like a ton of people I've read about don't like the track and a few so far have said they do like it. I'm hoping maybe the lot of them that do like the track are just so busy out riding they can't give their accounts of the track ha.

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
I bought the 154x3.5 280 from tracksusa also. I have mine on a pro and will be out west in couple weeks to see how it does. I think if it trenches bad I might trim the support columns on the back side of paddles, as if not many like them it won't be worth much to resell

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
I have the 153" Conquer. I like it, but havent really tested it to its fullest yet, because of lack of snow.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Put the 174 Conquer on my 17 Axys turbo. Took it off and went with the X3. I far prefer the X3 (not the Polaris 3 inch ) I found the Conquer just doesn't hook up in bottomless snow. If it can grab some setup snow under the fresh it works. On the trail the Conquer hooks up way harder than the X3. It is light and spins up quicker. I guess it depends what your looking for. On a non turbo it may be fine. I kept the Conquer around for a while but after more time on the X3 theres no way I was going back. Camsos claim about easier to initiate a lay over? Maybe but couldn't really notice it.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Any reviews of this track now that we are part way through the season

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

K
Nov 26, 2016
i bought the conquer 165 3.5 pitch for my 15 163 summit turbo i found that if there is any setup snow for it to grab it hooks up amazing but took a trip to Revelstoke where it was crazy deep everywhere it was horrible light fluffy super deep days are a no go with this track

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Have any of you tryed and run the 280 backwards ? Seen on a different sight that putting the 280 on backwards makes a big difference in the soft bottomless snow.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
I've got roughly 350 miles on my so far this season. Rode in Alaska and 2 weeks in Sicamous, Revy, and Whistler. It took about 15 rides for me to experience the first con. If it dumps 5' of fresh snow, it doesn't seem to do much forward propulsion as the 2.6". If you go straight down steep hills instead of taking the elevator, you will when the race to the bottom.

If you ride any setup snow at all, it shines. It flat out performs in snow that has a good base with a few feet of fresh. But suffers in the huge dumps of blower pow.

So for me that translates to the following, it is a great track for 95% of a season since it dumps that much that fast a few times a season up here and I don't only ride on the fresh days.

I will say, last year Alaska didn't have much of a base most everywhere except our southern riding areas and seeing it last year struggle, I was hesitant. This year has been quite the opposite with lots of warm wet snow early and continuing to snow on top of that. Probably why I'm so happy with it.

Premium Features