• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow Ingestion Issue? - 07 600 HO RMK (carb)

G
Feb 4, 2012
NW Wisc.
Are these sleds prone to snow ingestion issues?

This is my sons (USAF Sr. Airman) sled and he's up in AK. I've never seen the sled. He's having issues with trying to keep the motor from bogging when he's in the deep stuff. And he's trying to run 3-5 FEET of pow!

It's acting like our 98 carb'd liquid Indy 500 would when it was running in powder. If the front vents weren't blocked off you'd get snow into the carb's and they'd ice up. Only way to get it running right was to keep it idling until everything would thaw out.

Please help me help him guys!

srt20

Lifetime Membership
Oct 25, 2010
Silicone with clear silicone all the way around the headlight and the hood.
Also the headlight adjuster knob on dash must be taped shut. Put a piece of duck tape over it. Also duct tape the airbox where the two halves come together.

It will work well then. I know this from experience. Haha

P.s. Tell him to get headlight aimed pretty close first. Cuz it won't really be adjustable after that.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Have him check the seal around the headlight. Almost all of us up here have put silicone around the entire perimeter of the headlight to keep snow out of the airbox. There are also holes along the windshield where little tabs fit into the hood that should be sealed off. Does he still have those little foam filters on the factory intake vents? Most of us replaced those with real filter screens also.

G
Feb 4, 2012
NW Wisc.
SRT and MORSNO,

Thanks for the tips! I'll pass them on.

MORSNO - I'm pretty sure the intakes are still the stock material. What do you guys suggest to put in there in place of what's there?

G
Feb 4, 2012
NW Wisc.
He has closed off the headlight pod with silicone and taped the headlight adjuster shut. Also taped the airbox shut.

He is also blocking off the vent screen under the front grab bar as that was also letting a great deal of snow in.

Premium Features