• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys RMK Photoshop

R

retro-pro

Feb 7, 2011
I posted this as a comment on another thread but figured i would make a new thread. The new front end looks awesome and on a mountain sled it looks even better. Maybe next year.....:face-icon-small-ton
View attachment 229151

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
I posted this as a comment on another thread but figured i would make a new thread. The new front end looks awesome and on a mountain sled it looks even better. Maybe next year.....:face-icon-small-ton
View attachment 229151

You guys remember the old animated Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer movie and the island of misfit toys where Santa doesn't come and one of the toys says something like maybe next year? That's what I feel like -

WhiskeyTee

Lifetime Membership
Dec 12, 2013
Utah
Looks like one of those yamacats to me. And that really isn't a bad thing! I like it

R

retro-pro

Feb 7, 2011
I really wanted to find an axys with more color but this one was the only one that was large enough to work with.

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
i dont like how far back the footwells are compaired to the handlebars my little *** already has a hard time getting in front of the bars i dont need them setting my feet back another foot!

looks great, but as stated above that thing looks like a skidoo....

-Aksnopro

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
Not even close.
I got a good look quality pictures and the panel are vastly different.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
I'm going to say no, the way the pipe runs is quite different as well as the way. steering is run.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Not even close. The Axys bulkhead/plastics are suppose to be able to fit inside the current rmk Pro-Ride bulkhead/plastics...
Lighter and narrower... Ones gotta think the Rmk is headed the same way.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Seriously thinking about getting the 2015 800 AXYS / PRO X and doing something similar next year and selling off the front and rear suspension parts to the Iron Dog guys for spares.

I'll incorporate most of the teasers from the Patent thread and a few of the ideas I've been incorporating in my current builds.

Like; Driveshaft relocated down and back, to allow the running a large 9 tooth driver and 3" track, Extend footwells further forward, Carbon fiber tunnel sides and top, extruded running boards but moved forward ~7-8" and clearanced for belt drive on the right side and driveshaft mounted brake on the Clutch side, and beat the 2016 out by a year.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
Seriously thinking about getting the 2015 800 AXYS / PRO X and doing something similar next year and selling off the front and rear suspension parts to the Iron Dog guys for spares.

I'll incorporate most of the teasers from the Patent thread and a few of the ideas I've been incorporating in my current builds.

Like; Driveshaft relocated down and back, to allow the running a large 9 tooth driver and 3" track, Extend footwells further forward, Carbon fiber tunnel sides and top, extruded running boards but moved forward ~7-8" and clearanced for belt drive on the right side and driveshaft mounted brake on the Clutch side, and beat the 2016 out by a year.

God, that just SOUNDS expensive!!! Fun too! Good luck! :face-icon-small-ton

Premium Features