• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best place for sledding, boarding and women??

A
Mar 3, 2008
Regina
We want to take a trip with our familys to B.C to do some sledding and snowboarding, but our wives have newborns. So my question; is there anywhere that has good sledding with a ski hill near by and a town that the women would enjoy (shopping mostly) for a few days?? I don't think our regular spots like Valemount and Revy, would be very fun for the women:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Places with ski hill and sledding near by be Fernie, Revy head farther south go to Sicamous/Salmon Arm that will have Kamloops and Vernon close by and they both have ski hills.

Another place that would be cool if you don't mind crossing the border is Whitefish, Montana. Ski hill is really nice and the town is pretty fun. Iv seen lots of sledders around town and up by the ski hill but have never road the area.

B
Nov 11, 2010
Salmon Arm BC
I'd look at Kamloops. Tons of hotels and shopping in town as well as at Sun Peaks (30min from town). Sun Peaks is a good family mountain with all sorts of terrain and a really nice little village for shopping, eating etc. The sled unload is about 4 min from the village and while not great sledding it's Ok.

Big White in Kelowna is a similar situation.

P

phillybean

Feb 4, 2012
Kelowna BC
Being from Kelowna I'm a little biased, but I think Big White or Kelowna would work. Lot's of shopping in town and 20 minutes away from Grey Stokes which is decent, but close to Hunter's Range and Sicamous. Both are day trips for locals.

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Why has know one thrown out Vancouver/Whistler or anywhere in beetween the two.

Tons of riding areas all within 45 minutes of eachother in the sea to sky corridor (some of the best riding in the world).

Vancouver is biggest/busiest city in BC so itll keep the women plenty busy shopping, shows etc... Lots of things going on.

There are 3 ski hills on the north shore and then obviously whistler blackomb.

Last edited:
T
Nov 4, 2010
You could always stay in Banff and do day trips to Golden for sledding, I did that for new years last year, party all night ride all day! (its about an 1.5-2 hour drive from banff to golden)

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
Places with ski hill and sledding near by be Fernie, Revy head farther south go to Sicamous/Salmon Arm that will have Kamloops and Vernon close by and they both have ski hills.

Another place that would be cool if you don't mind crossing the border is Whitefish, Montana. Ski hill is really nice and the town is pretty fun. Iv seen lots of sledders around town and up by the ski hill but have never road the area.

Yup head for whitefish. Great shopping for the wives. 3.5 hrs from lethbridge
Dollar is par too. Nice area!!

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
If you want a small bc town with good shopping, food and hanging out for the girls it's pretty cool here. Tons of cool shops, restaurants, coffee bars, etc in town. For a smaller town I would actually put it up against any other with regard to that stuff. 10,000 population and theres like 60+ restaurants, bars, etc....figure that one out. Within 1 hour drive radius, tons of sledding, 2 great ski hills (red mountain and whitewater). Hot springs 40 mins away, etc. Standard BC rules apply....bring money lol

Throttle-Up

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Lethbridge Alberta
www.leekseeker.com
2nd that...

Yup head for whitefish. Great shopping for the wives. 3.5 hrs from lethbridge
Dollar is par too. Nice area!!

White Fish area is second to none for all your looking for...and for you it will be a bit closer than trekking to the other places...Has a great ski hill, White Fish itself is fantastic, and only 20 minutes from there is Kalispell...AWESOME shopping there too...you can also stop by Fernie on your way if you come that way...

B

Bburrap

Dec 1, 2008
Squamish BC
Whistler X2

Why has know one thrown out Vancouver/Whistler or anywhere in beetween the two.

Tons of riding areas all within 45 minutes of eachother in the sea to sky corridor (some of the best riding in the world).

Vancouver is biggest/busiest city in BC so itll keep the women plenty busy shopping, shows etc... Lots of things going on.

There are 3 ski hills on the north shore and then obviously whistler blackomb.

Uh yeah, Whistler, its a No Brainer!!

Premium Features