• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

koso gauge trouble

Nov 20, 2008
i have a new koso 4 in one on my 05 f7 motor and it powers up fine but when i rev the engine up a little the gauge cuts out. it blinks a little at idle and i know thats normal but when i hit 4-6 grand it cuts out completly, then when the engine goes back to idle it turn back on. i have the ground connected to a bolt on the pull cord and i have been moving the power around to different sources to see if it changes and it didnt. i allso tried puting in a bridge rectafier and it did the same thing. any help would be good. just a side note i had the sled running for a bit without the voltage regulator plugged in because i didnt realize it was missing. is it possible i wrecked the gauge? any help would be great.

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
Koso says you can run them of 12v AC, but it would not work for me on my M8. I connected it to regulated DC and then it finally worked like it should.

Nov 20, 2008
koso

i thought that was kinda odd. i allso noticed when reading the directions for that little converter koso makes they say connect to meter or gauge like they know the gauge doesnt work good on ac power only. it would be cool if they could just build that into the gauge or said something when you buy it like you should allso buy the converter because it wont work without it

Premium Features