• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker PG M8 Turbo - Won't start

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
I have a 2008 boondocker pump gas turbo M8. 3 rides after a full motor rebuild, it died mid climb and won't start now. You pull it over and it will fire a couple times, but never run. Also every couple pulls it will backfire. It has spark. Any ideas?

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
I'd look into the fueling obviously. Check the vacuum lines for the fuel pump. Check the pump itself, filter and lines for blockage.

Can you prime the cylinders and see if she will fire/run for a sec?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Check the baro tube, boost lines, compression, look through y-pipe at pistons, check fuel pressure, make sure the boost line inside the tank didn't come off the regulator. Check the plugs and see if they are getting wet and if you have spark. Do you have egts. What temp when it died. check injector wires, they will rub through on heat shield and do that kind of thing. Put a test light on the injector wires and pull it over to see if they are getting power.

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
I'd look into the fueling obviously. Check the vacuum lines for the fuel pump. Check the pump itself, filter and lines for blockage.

Can you prime the cylinders and see if she will fire/run for a sec?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X2

Pour a thimbel full of gas in each cylinder and pull it over. If it fires up and runs for a second or two, you obviously have a fuel delivery issue

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
any ECU error codes or wrench symbol on speedometer

if not, like others state, stator could be going out, but u stated u had spark, is it intermitten spark, check pipe temp sensor, i bought a new one on ebay off 2011 chevy diesel for $25 shipped, just had to solder my old plug end on it.
good luck keep us posted

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Didn't see you said it had spark, Many times when a mod sled dies on a hard pull its because it siezed, So I would look at the pistons and check compression to make sure. Like the other guys said put a bottle cap of fuel in a cylinder and see if it will fire. If it does then Check your fuel pressure, If you have 42psi or more its good, sometimes the pump will plug or go weak and if you hook up the polarity of the fuel pump wires backward it will run the fuel pump in reverse and clean it out, then hook it back up, and see if it pressures up right. then check for power and ground to the injector, if that is good then pull the injector and pull it over to see if it is spraying. It could also be that there is water in the system instead of fuel so it would hurt to drain the gas put new in, pull the fuel line off and hook up power to the fuel pump and run some through.

-lenny-

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2011
Whitecourt, Alberta
I would check your harness connections. After I sunk mine, I took the hood off to drain everything. Trying to start it was exactly how you describe. Took me a couple days before I tried it with the hood harness plugged in and away it went.

Premium Features