• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 skidoo rev 950 straightline twin I NEED HELP

H
Dec 9, 2007
I just started a 06 summit, 162 x 2.5 challenger extreme, dropped and rolled chaincase, boss seat, avenger three egts, and staightline 950 twin, team roller secondary, titaniumm front end. Was just wondering if anyone else has run a straightline 950 motor in the hills. Had some serious issuse with the motor straight from them. And now i need some advice. on clutching , gearing, jetting or any other advice.

H
Dec 9, 2007
Problems with straightline motor

From day one with the motor it always used a small amount of anti-freeze. Never could find any leaks anywhere and never saw any water on the plugs. So this fall we pulled the motor to clean the sled the found out that the piston skirts were cracked. So when we took the head off to replace the pistons( which took over two months to get them) the head gaskets where in five peices. So we put new pistons in and gaskets and ran it again. Five minutes later pulled the plugs and anti-freeze on the plugs again.we came to find out that when they machined the domes the slots where the head bolys go through were machined do large that you could almost look right into the cylinder. It took a few phone calls to straightline to find out that it was a problem they knew about and finally admitted it. It took a week of calls to finally get new domes. It went from me having to buy new domes to me only having to pay for shipping. Now it runs great and am having no problems.

C
Jan 31, 2010
East Idaho
If it does you any good here is my setup:
910 Straightline, SLP twins, 20:42 gears, 159x2 track, PRIMARY-Black green Polaris spring, 2 engagement washers, 68 MTX weights. SECONDARY-Team roller, 66-44 helix, Red-black spring.
For 6000' elevation-Mikunis bored to 42mm. 390-400 main jets (depends on the day) 35 pilots, clip in center notch on the needles. 3 turns out on the mid range knobs.
Hope maybe this does you some good. I've been pretty happy with this setup. Motor is supposed to be 180 horse & 220 on NOS.

Premium Features