• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 dragon carl's 910 big block

troyby

Premium Member
Oct 12, 2005
Kaysville, Utah
no rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr's

well, took it for a test run and coludnt get it to make r's. pulled great on the bottom end but fell on it's face above 7200 rpm's

dropped the sled off at CPI to see if he can get the pipes tuned in.

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
sounds like the CPI twin i ran on my dragon. ran good until i hit 6k feet and it would fall on its face and not pull over 7700. good luck!

troyby

Premium Member
Oct 12, 2005
Kaysville, Utah
WooooooooooooooW

well, i finally got it figured out. THe problem wasnt in the pipes it was in the clutching. CPI put the motor on the dyno and it was making good power but the power band was pretty steep. From 8000 to 8250 was the sweet spot.
Then i started looking at the clutching. I called Carl's cycle and they told me what spring and helix i should try and i went to see Max at Tri-City and he also pointed me in the right direction. After making the changes, LOOK_OUT. this motor never ran this good in my old Mod chassis. I still have to make a few more adjustments to fine tune the clutching but it ran amazing. The new track is pretty awsome as well. The next step is to mount the tach and figure out an airbox setup.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Well, I lost the motor on my o7 d7 and polaris wouldnt warranty it because i had a pipe on it. I just happen to have a Carl's 910 sitting here so i'm going to put it in. i'm also going to install a 162 3.0 camo extreme and better boards.
Here is what i'm starting with.

I hope you didn't buy your Pro at the same place. That's bullchit. A pipe...HA
Sorry, but if I told you what we pushed through our dealership I'd prolly go to jail for being such a sweet talker!

Awesome sled btw. Heard many guys talk about putting a big block BB in their IQ's. Nice build.

Last edited:

troyby

Premium Member
Oct 12, 2005
Kaysville, Utah
did you use the stock harness on the sled if so what did you do about the det sensor and selenoid?

I pulled all the dragon wiring out of the sled and used the BB wiring harness. It wasn't to hard to figure out how to wire the hand warmers and lights once i got the wiring diagram from my Dealer.

C
Feb 13, 2012
helena MT
carls cycle 910

I hope you didn't buy your Pro at the same place. That's bullchit. A pipe...HA
Sorry, but if I told you what we pushed through our dealership I'd prolly go to jail for being such a sweet talker!

Awesome sled btw. Heard many guys talk about putting a big block BB in their IQ's. Nice build.

i have just picked up an 04 edge with a carls 910 in it that is all set up and ready to go it has a team roller secondary on it anti rachet drivers. from what i can tell it is race ready however i have never rode anything even close to this the biggest seld i have rode is a 01 polaris 800 stock sled i was just wondering what to expect form this motor will it run with the 900 and 1000 just wonder what i can expect.

Premium Features