• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

dragon 700 motor into iqr??? motor mounts? Exhaust??

O
Dec 10, 2007
having problems with my 925 twin and thinking about putting the dragon 700 in my mountain sled for reliability and fingers crossed.........turbo

Has anyone put this motor in an iqr? How did you mount it up? And what can you use for exhaust? I would like to use my slp twins again. As far as electronics do I have to run the speedo in addition to the rest?

Thanks for any help on this subject

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
Getting the motor to bolt in is pretty easy. You can get the factory motor straps for the new 600 iqr (not the RR!). You'll have to move the mag side outwards (off the top of my head it's about 1.25" but its been over a year since i did it). Brad (1200psi on here) makes a motor plate that will work as well.

The exhaust is tricky. As far as i know you'll have to fit your own pipes for the 700. If you go single it is pretty easy; only 4 of 5 cuts.

You don't have to run a speedo. JET FUEL wired/is wiring mine. We just bought a dragon chassis wiring harness and mounted the electronics on the belt cover.

The turbo was pretty easy to mount as well; the air box has been a bit tricky for me. the jack shaft is pretty close and getting a good design for air flow took some thought. I think we have it good this version.

Overall Brad is the main man to talk to on this as he's built a few IQrT's, Jet Fuel and i can help too; just PM us.

Last edited:
I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
I will be doing this swap for a customer in the coming weeks and plan to make a step-by-step picture tutorial with part numbers and everything. I will be using Brad's plate. CPI may be able to make you a pipe, contact them or Brad (1200psi on here) he is having them make one for me too. I'll be using the 08+ IQR airbox as well. Turbo build on the same sled once summer comes around.

O
Dec 10, 2007
thanks for the feedback...can't wait to see details on the build...that will help a lot of us.

I was told by a few that I may want to or should run the stock speedo for the warning lights, etc....

I haven't entered the high tech world of efi since my dad had a 91 500 indy haha ....I would think temps around the board and my rrrrs is all I need????

Premium Features