• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

snow in Sioux falls!!

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
we have got about 3 inches so far i think(its blowing) and we are supposed to get like 3 more. Anyone else thinking about ditching out on going to the black hills and staying/going to sioux falls?? :p
at least there is snow here :confused:

S

srx_600

Apr 16, 2009
South Dakota
It is some harsh riding out there right now! Ditches will be rough with all the drifts..maybe the groomers will get out..?

K

KG

Oct 12, 2009
How much snow did Sioux Falls get so far? Any good places to ride around there?

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
Need to go east, you could ride here but you will run out of snow in many spots. I guess if you just wanted to break in a belt or some testing you could find an east west road with desent snow. Iowa does a good job of marking ditches. I would bet if you went east on hwy 9 you find good snow by Ocheydan towards spirt lake.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
well ya see cat, we rented a cabin out there so we are going reguardless and besides, riding in the hills is way more fun then flatlanding!

And i hope they get 3 feet aswell!

J

jlebrun_05

Dec 9, 2007
Dell Rapids, SD
most overblown storm ever, i guess its not done yet, but 6-8 inches last nite?? we maybe got one inch. Not that I'm complaining, I would rather have it snow out west

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
sorry, im only reporting what the weather station has told me so don't kill the messenger! But, as you all hopefully know, only the first wave has hit, the rest SHOULD be hitting today, i heard from either noon till 4 or something it should be hitting and dropping another 4 inches, and tonight another 4 inches or something like that. So at some point i believe we are supposed to be getting 12 inches or so.

@jlebrun, in the sioux falls area we probably got at least 5 inches already

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
Ok my reverse psychology worked. Anyway got the sleds ready to go, going to go out and do some street riding as well as buzz a couple city parks with snow fences(you get 20 ft wide drifts about 3 feet deep) so it kind of reminds of the mountains. Dont worry cops can't catch you when the streets are not plowed.

I

IowaSnowCat

Dec 1, 2007
Northwest Iowa
Over here in Sibley, Iowa - it is NUTS! No one can even get out of their driveways, snowblowers cant get thru deep snow, its a deadzone. Now is a great time to think about buying a snowmobile for folks that need transportation and a little stress reliever! I'm going out pretty soon to tear it up!

S

srx_600

Apr 16, 2009
South Dakota
Down by Yankton in Springfield we are to in a dead zone pretty much. Lost all power for a good chunk of the day. Probably have about 14 inches with heavy winds. East and West ditches look awesome, North and South look choppy and drifted like hell.

Premium Features