• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 Crossfire tech video

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, AK
I rode one at Arctic man Crossfire 1000 & the M8 both were incredibly easy to side hill. I was actually quite impressed with how the crossfire climbed in 2' of fresh snow, and it was so easy to throw around, great trail and deep snow performance.

M
Jul 5, 2001
Wyoming
Skills

Either that snow was set / or he needs some good 'ole mountain riding lessons.
Sure on/off the throttle for the short time he attempting to hold a side hill

- Good explanation of the sled, but needs a better riding presentation to show the versatility that sled has to offer.

the snow was set up, you are right. Riders get 4 different sleds for a 3 hour period and must ride and evaluate each one during that time. This goes on twice a day for 3 days. It's not an easy task to ride 24 different models in foreign terrain and make every one of them look good. There is no option to wait for sunshine or better snow.

The riders in the videos are professionals.

S

Sparx

Dec 23, 2007
Fort McMurray, Alberta
Good video, the only reference to the M series must be the tunnel/bumper change correct? They referred to the track as making an extra 10HP on the dyno, but they did the 8" rear idler wheels which normally take credit for that. This would explain why everyone feels these sleds have more power. Maybe it is the track technology that helps most, as reviews mentioned the same power enhancement feel on the M series with the powderclaw when they already have the 8" wheels? It's great if that's true as technology is catching up and starting to release the resistance the drivetrains on snowmobiles have to free up horsepower. Snowmobiles have to be the worst for any vehicle in drivetrain power losses!

S

Sparx

Dec 23, 2007
Fort McMurray, Alberta
I'm sold, on leftover '09 models. By then my warranty will be up, me and the woman are looking at an '09 M8LE for her and '09 M1000 Sno Pro for me, maybe even the '09 M8 on boost, haven't decided yet. Refuse to pay for anymore sleds unless it's a leftover at reduced rates. Just not worth the benefit of having the first new model out anymore with all the updates you have to go through and lack of part inventories. Supposedly just cause of a reed valve my sled is stuck in the shop until June 12th due to backorder demands. I ordered VForce reeds to speed things up.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Well, after going back & forth for way too long I bought a 09 cf1000le. Sound slike the 09 is finally close to the M in weight & whatever isn't will be coming off anyways. (oh yeah, an M tank will be going on also)

With some M arms & drivers and a 144 2.5 I think it'll be a fun mix of a sled for me, more freestyle but still a decent mtn sled.

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, AK
Well, after going back & forth for way too long I bought a 09 cf1000le. Sound slike the 09 is finally close to the M in weight & whatever isn't will be coming off anyways. (oh yeah, an M tank will be going on also)

With some M arms & drivers and a 144 2.5 I think it'll be a fun mix of a sled for me, more freestyle but still a decent mtn sled.

That should be an awesome sled. I really liked how the power claw track worked. Something to consider would be a 153 M. I pounded the He!! out of the thing on bumpy trails (M8 162) and it didn't bottom out 96'5" 250 before I put my gear on. The extreme is a good track but I think the Power claw will be an even better all around track.

Just my .02 because I was considering a similar set up.

S

Sparx

Dec 23, 2007
Fort McMurray, Alberta

I don't understand the advantage of going to the Crossfire chassis over the M Series? Does it mainly only have to do with the wider front suspension? I used to ride my Polaris ProXR setup with a 136X2" track in the mountains it even though I could ride it around, the front end width was a pain when it came to sidehillling in the setup snow and plain and simple mountain handling. That's why I wasn't sure why Polaris made the Assault as wide as a low elevation sled as well. I tried converting a flat lander sled, I don't think it's the ticket to an aggressive mountain freestyle sled IMO. I would rather by an M series sled and upgrade to some hi performance shocks like the Fox float Evols. I've been thinking of going that route myself. What's different in the fuel tanks between the M and XFire sleds?

Premium Features