• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trailtech Voyager Pro - GPS with Buddy Tracking

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Anybody see this GPS yet. Was thinking about getting one for my KTM dirt bike and getting a second mount for my sled too.

They just came out but wondering if anyone has any experience with them?

https://www.trailtech.net/922-111

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
I have one well not the pro biggest diff is the map page you can sort of see it when you stop, mine is the first model you have to stop to read it but temp ,speed ,rpm are easy. I use a cell phone for mapping GPS much bigger screen

jnoot

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2009
Portland oregon
I bought one for my KTM. They are amazing. They are going to revolutionize group riding. No need now to wonder where "that guy" took off too. I'm going to mount it on my sled. The only thing is you need to get the whole group equipped. Trail tech is owned by Polaris, so hopefully we will get a bunch of mounts and sensors for sleds. They seem to be focused on atv / dirt bikes now. It would be cool to rig up a belt temp sensor.

Snow bike

I am looking to put one on my snowbike. How good is the Trai maps for back country. Those trails can be hard to follow under 6 feet of snow. Any hands on info would be great. Looks like a nice setup if it has good back country maps and trails

K
Dec 9, 2015
Mill City, OR
Voyager Pro for Snow

I have been using one since this past spring. Street and Dirt and now set up on the snow bike. Another buddy I ride with has one as well.

The tracking feature works well and is going to be a big plus along with the radios for this winter.

They are supposed to be working on a firmware update that will let you add custom maps, but no word on a date for that.

What is included is a real good OSM topo and streets/trails map. I don't know yet how it will be for the snowmobile stuff, but you can easily load the trails as a track and follow along them when needed. Most of what we do on the snow bike is off trail, so the thing that will be useful is loading wilderness and non-powered boundaries and perimeter trails for avoiding conflicts and getting back to return trails if you lose tracking for some reason.

The buddy feature for tree well and wayward rider recovery will be really nice too. It is amazing how quick we can get separated...

HenryTheHammer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2017
Salt Lake City, UT
I will be upgrading to the Voyager Pro this season as well. Been running the original Voyager and found it an invaluable tool while out in the back country. Yeah it is kind of a pain in the ass to build your rides for the day but once you get the hang of Google Earth and the Ride Leader app is goes pretty quick. They definitely saved my ass a couple times as weather moved in or I ventured a little deeper than planned. The GPS is one of the best I have used and have yet to see it loose signal even in the deepest of trees. The integrated temps/rpm/speed/etc is great and the data logging and alarm settings are nice features.

Upgrading to the Pro for the back ground maps and buddy features.

Premium Features