• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CFR Boondocker bars

M
Aug 18, 2010
Looking at the CFR Boondocker 2.0 bars for my 12 XF Turbo with the vertical steering. Any one add these bars? I want to keep my factory controls, and I like the new smaller feeling Cat gripes/heaters/ect. Basically I just want a turn key set of bars with out much issues. Any tips? I've read fill the bars with foam?
Thanks

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Not sure...

Looking at the CFR Boondocker 2.0 bars for my 12 XF Turbo with the vertical steering. Any one add these bars? I want to keep my factory controls, and I like the new smaller feeling Cat gripes/heaters/ect. Basically I just want a turn key set of bars with out much issues. Any tips? I've read fill the bars with foam?
Thanks
I have a set of CFR bars on my M1100T. But not sure if there is enough area for all of the OEM garbage on the control surface area. I stripped mine down, just have an aluminum throttle block, grips, and brake lever. Filling the bars with foam will help keep some heat, as aluminum bars will rob heat from the elements quickly. I never did, just used RSI grips & heaters.
Probably cheaper to just buy a set of the accessory bars in the catalog, and a ton less work.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
All the photos I've seen of the CFR bars on Cats with stock controls have the brake master cylinder mounted on the bar where the curve starts down. CFR bars are 1-1/8" clamp with a drop on them. So if you're looking for a straight replacement they won't work with your stock 7/8 clamp and riser height (the 1100 vertical steering isn't telescopic, right?). Unless the ends of your bars are open, putting foam on the inside of the bars for grip heater insulation is not going to help much as it is already a closed air space. You have to insulate between the bar and the element as that is where the heat transfer problem occurs. Heat is sucked through the aluminum and transferred to the outside air on exposed surfaces of the bar. Unfortunately that increases the grip diameter.

https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435025

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
You can use a Rox riser to adapt from the stock post to the CFR bars. If you need help we should have everything you need.

Premium Features