• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 M1100 Turbo

RDS88

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
I recently purchased one from an insurance company. Im debating on fixing or parting it out.

How are they whats the good and bad on these machines?

D
Sep 29, 2013
Depending on what you got it for and whats already done but unless your willing to put a couple grand into it it will probably cost you more in the long run they blow belts and eat chaincases unless upgraded if you do the chaincase before it blows itll be much cheaper and the stage 3 tcl is like 1200 to stop blowing belts but to enjoy the sled for me i had to narrow the front end put an aftermarket exhaust in it and a cold air intake gave me a couple extra ponys and sled is way more nimble now good luck.

Aug 20, 2013
North Dakota
I don't know about the 12 M1100's but I have a 2013 and I must have gotten lucky because I have 1500 miles on it and have only blown 2 belts (which I think is damn good for a turbo machine). The only thing I have done to mine is put 8" Powder Hound skis on the front, got rid of the suitcase muffler, put a rollover valve in, and cranked the front shock spring pressure all the way up to keep the front end lighter.

Honestly, from the experience I have had with my machine, I personally would buy another one, but I have heard of guys on forums (like this one) complaining about belt life. But how many sleds have gone out compared to the amount of people complaining about belt life is a good question.

In the end it depends on how much you would have to stick into it to ride it. I am guessing if it is from an insurance company it is a totaled sled? I definitely wouldn't go crazy sticking money into it because I know where there is a brand new 15 M9000 for $7500. These sleds don't sell real well, when compared to 2 strokes, so you can usually find some crazy good deals if you look.

psychosledder73

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2007
Fernie BC
I don't know about the 12 M1100's but I have a 2013 and I must have gotten lucky because I have 1500 miles on it and have only blown 2 belts (which I think is damn good for a turbo machine). The only thing I have done to mine is put 8" Powder Hound skis on the front, got rid of the suitcase muffler, put a rollover valve in, and cranked the front shock spring pressure all the way up to keep the front end lighter.

Honestly, from the experience I have had with my machine, I personally would buy another one, but I have heard of guys on forums (like this one) complaining about belt life. But how many sleds have gone out compared to the amount of people complaining about belt life is a good question.

In the end it depends on how much you would have to stick into it to ride it. I am guessing if it is from an insurance company it is a totaled sled? I definitely wouldn't go crazy sticking money into it because I know where there is a brand new 15 M9000 for $7500. These sleds don't sell real well, when compared to 2 strokes, so you can usually find some crazy good deals if you look.

2200 miles big chute ran race has. 2 belts , one chain broken links at 2000. 2013 no TCL delete.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
I have a 2012 M1100T. 6000 miles, about 2500 in the mountains. I blew one belt that had 2000 miles on it.

I had issues with reverse over the first two years, but the chaincase never failed. My engine mounts were worn out when I replaced them at 5300 miles while upgrading the chaincase gears, chain, and jackshaft to the 2016 standard.

My advice to you would he to get exhaust manifold blankets and a turbo blanket. Also an intercooloer fan. These sleds have poor underhood ventilation stock, and a cherry red turbo on long pulls.

Premium Features