• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FINGER THROTTLE DIY/TSS BYPASS ISSUES

D
Oct 7, 2013
I'm attempting to run a finger throttle (diy). First thought was to go Munster, which is still an option, but I thought I'd give the DIY a college try.
I picked up a decent BMX Brake lever to run. Made some changes to it and it links up nicely.
Problem: I tried bypassing my TSS and when I fired her up, she redlined! Unplugged my TSS and no starty. (Obviously, the TSS is doing its job when unplugged). I've adjusted my throttle in accordance with Munster's install instructions, just wondering if anybody has been down this road.
One thing worth mentioning: I recently broke my kill switch off, so just running a tether. They have separate wiring but maybe there's a chance this is causing the redline effect??
Needless to say, I've played around enough and I'm ready to order Munster but I'm hesitant that this will still be problematic as I've basically mirrored their design.

Cheers
-DB

B
Jan 4, 2008
Bend, Or.
Finger throttle feedback

I am now going into my second season using the Munster Finger Throttle
It works very well and was easy to install
The only down side I have noticed is that even with the heater element
your throttle finger gets very cold but there is no way I would ever go back

I

inspector01

Mar 21, 2013
MN
Throttle cable isn't adjusted right, somehow airs getting into the motor.

Just tape the tss in and it will work fine.

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
I used to have my throttle block spun around in order to make it a finger throttle for 25plus yrs then munster came out with their finger throttle and I bought it and love it.

Premium Features