• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Speedwerx/Boondocker air intake

Z
Dec 6, 2007
Edmonton
Anyone here run the Speedwerx air intake or similar BoonDocker version? It's the one that pops up through the hood. Looking for opinions on the good and bad about the design.

Thanks

Last edited:

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Probably sold over a hundred of the collapsable BD ones. Only complaint we heard from a few was that in big snow the frame collapsed and then the prefilter choked off. I liked the collapsing frame as when you rolled it wouldn't damage the headlight when it touched. I started building my own and using the BD filter over it.

Last edited:

walker

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bd air screen

I ran mine behind speedo. Found a large radiator hose and piped it there. Never get plugged up with snow. Only thing I dislike is its loud. I can send you some pics if you like.

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
I ran the boondocker kit from them. I wouldn't do it again. The nipples were welded in wrong locations so you have to go buy new hoses and like others said snow covers the cage and it collapses on itself chocking the sled out. It always happened to me a the worst time possible like when you hit the bottom of a ravine and need all your power to get back out. All of a sudden it chokes itself out and your done.
If I was going to do it again I would go with the EVO intake.

Premium Features