• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What belt?

B
Apr 22, 2013
Belts are super expensive on the newer sleds, but the way these machines are designed, they don't go through belts like earlier models. Which in that sense is nice.

I know I've gone through a belt simply getting stuck and during the process of the track not moving burned a spot on the belt; making it useless.

My sled didn't come with one, but got a good deal from a buddy simply as a spare incase I had a belt catastrophe.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Engineers said the belts will last much longer with the new angles. They said you shouldn't even need to change from one season to the next. Time will tell for sure, but I never had any issues on the Dragon or Pro.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Engineers said the belts will last much longer with the new angles. They said you shouldn't even need to change from one season to the next. Time will tell for sure, but I never had any issues on the Dragon or Pro.

Give me 500 miles on a stock machine and I bet I can bust that myth. If not I'll be impressed.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
You just ride so much harder than everyone else. Impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, he just rides that much WORSE! The only people I know burning belts these days are rookies who can't get off the throttle once they're stuck or someone who constantly overuses the brake. Belts on Pro's last a LONG time compared to older sleds!

Last edited:
R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
You just ride so much harder than everyone else. Impressive.

Didn't really mean it like that but thanks:face-icon-small-hap

I could probably get 1500 mountain miles out of a stock Pro and a belt but just because it hasn't grenaded doesn't mean its good. I got a pile that wont hold rpm like a new one will.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Nah, he just rides that much WORSE! The only people I know burning belts these days are rookies who can't get off the throttle once they're stuck or someone who constantly overuses the brake. Belts on Pro's last a LONG time compared to older sleds!

Oh that's my problem. lol

So your suppose to unlock the brake before you ride it? haha

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
I've grenaded one and that was because I had mixed weights in after adding a high comp head. Same weight in grams but one was like an 02 and the other two were an 01. Belt grabbed sooner and blew out. Expensive lesson. Belt blew out belly pan and then came back and ripped out vent above footwell. I was lucky. It would have hurt had it hit me. I rolled the sled and the throttle pinned. I was a bit concerned with crank losing a belt at those speeds. These sleds should be required to have a teather.
Fixed weights, plastic welded belly pan. Ran perfect.

Premium Features