• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

With the snow season coming, how in shape are you?

L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
Well I have finally got back into my workout routine, cardio and weights. I have slacked for about 2 years, luckily only a few lbs found there way back. But of course it's taking a while to get back into what I'll say "in shape", now the extra weight should start coming off with proper diet and continued exercise. How many of you ladies have kept up with your off season exercise or started a new routine? I know when I was in the best shape ever riding was so much easier on my muscles, lol!!!

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
Well I have finally got back into my workout routine, cardio and weights. I have slacked for about 2 years, luckily only a few lbs found there way back. But of course it's taking a while to get back into what I'll say "in shape", now the extra weight should start coming off with proper diet and continued exercise. How many of you ladies have kept up with your off season exercise or started a new routine? I know when I was in the best shape ever riding was so much easier on my muscles, lol!!!

After my ACL graft and meniscus repair on June 14th (dirt bike accident Memorial Day), I have gotten back into hiking (a month ago) and biking a few times each a week. It is a little harder after an injury, but I am rockin it! I WILL be ready to sled! :rockon:

T

T.O.T.

Dec 26, 2012
Lets see... straight up and down with a little bulge at the front... and a little muffin top around the sides.... yeah I need a gym membership!

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!
I think I was in better shape last year, but doing alright on a regular basis with hiking and mtn biking. I would love to be trail running and dirt biking but injuries have changed that up a bit. Like last year I don't think I'll be sore or out of breath on the sled. Yeah!

Q
Feb 9, 2013
three days after our last trip to the Snowies last winter, I joined our local YMCA. (we are in Iowa)

Best thing I ever did for myself. worked my way up to a sprint triathlon on June 2 (woot! Finished toward the back of the pack but whatever! I'm a 38 year old mom of two and brand new to, well, real workouts, so I was pumped to have finished. :)

End of august I started working with a personal trainer 1 hour, twice per week, and I KNOW the sledding and skiing is going to go better this season! I feel GREAT! If you can possibly get to a gym, go for it! super motivating!

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
Still on a great regimen of atleast 6 work outs a week. A lot of strength with high intensity cardio bursts. Last year I was able to ride 9 days straight... this year, I want 14. lol We'll see... :face-icon-small-win

C
May 6, 2013
Boulder, CO
motivated by my play :)))

I've struggled with my weight all my life and i suppose it will always be a challenge. BUT in the past 3 years where i've allowed myself to try new things... i've discovered i'm a complete ADRENALINE JUNKIE! Play has become ABSOLUTELY essential... downhill mountain biking, snowboarding, and of course snowmobiling. In order to play the way i want to, forgive the saying--ballz to the wallz-- i gotta be healthy and fit.

I've accomplished A LOT but i still have a long way to go, always a work in progress. Right now I'm working on my diet "Till Its Gone", working on getting down to a number that is about 20 lbs away. I'm in week 4 of my diet and its going well, I'm seeing significant changes already.

I always love getting support and supporting others with health and fitness goals. You can friend me on myfitnesspal.com (what a fantastic website) --my user name is: IntentionaLiving. Also, I have a Friday Fitness Check In group on facebook... https://www.facebook.com/groups/308528705952371/.

~Nona

T

T.O.T.

Dec 26, 2012
Update! After checking this morning I am "soft and squishy" and the whole house shakes when I do burpees! :face-icon-small-hap

S
Sep 27, 2013
Well, I'm heading into my 3rd year of riding. But the first 2 were on a 94 Yamaha Phazer! My husband just bought a new sled and I'm upgrading to his 07 M8 163, so I know I need to bust my ***. Does anyone have any good tips or what areas to work on to prepare myself?
Thanks!
Love that there is a "Powder Room" :)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
OK Ladies, here is something a 50yr old guy has found that helps a LOT in fighting the battle of the bulge!.

#1.
Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Scale
http://www.fitbit.com/aria

simple.b-dis-png.hdcdd419408cf9f7df5eaceaaf679f50a.pack

#2.
Fitbit Force Wristband
http://www.fitbit.com/force
simple.b-dis-png.h45e69187310686769942b608fffea78b.pack

Force tracks:
my numbers today
Steps taken 12,476
Stairs climbed 13 flights
Distance traveled 6.63
Calories burned 2,797
Active minutes 65
Hours slept 6.4
Quality of sleep
Silent wake alarm
Time

#3.
Several friends or family who are also using the above who can be party of your "group"
These two little devices have played a big role in helping me make SURE I get enough exercise every single day all year long!
The best part is the group "Taunts" that each of us are able to send to the others to EGG them on to hit their daily goals! Friendly peer pressure is a great motivator!

This is some of the feedback the system e-mails to you..

picture.php

Everytime you hit one of your incremental goals.

picture.php

Last week was BAD because of the SnowShow!
picture.php

Last edited:
L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
Well, I'm heading into my 3rd year of riding. But the first 2 were on a 94 Yamaha Phazer! My husband just bought a new sled and I'm upgrading to his 07 M8 163, so I know I need to bust my ***. Does anyone have any good tips or what areas to work on to prepare myself?
Thanks!
Love that there is a "Powder Room" :)

What a awesome upgrade!! However with him getting a new sled, make sure you set this up for you!! Lighten the suspension adjust the bars where you need them etc. I think you will be surprised and this new ride might be easier to ride and keep up once you get used to it. Cardio will be your biggest obstacle, then I would say arms and legs. I have very muscular legs and usually don't have a issue there, but I have ran out of upper body strength and air. Good luck and have fun!! We expect pictures :face-icon-small-ton. Plus don't get frustrated, it will be like learning to ride all over for a few rides.

P

PowderGirl

Nov 26, 2007
McCall, Idaho
www.facebook.com
I'm decent shape myself after mountain biking, running and dirt biking throughout the summer and fall. I love intense workouts - anything that really works my core seams to help me most with my riding - exercises that involve kenpo, high kicking, jumping around... lol glad no one can see me when I take the work outs indoors!

Premium Features