• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Goggle lenses...

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
Missy, I've been working the 509 booth for the last few snow shows so let me see if I can some good information in for you on this...

Picking a lens is HANDS DOWN the hardest thing to do FOR someone!!!

Everyone's eyes are different and everyone's riding conditions are different! Something to know... the mirror tint can give you some added sun protection (besides looking cool) but can also mean you have to be more careful with your goggles. I am not... at all! ahahahha, so I choose not to run those even though I LOVE the way they look!

Also.... the mirror tint CAN create a reflection BACK to you... I had this issue and a buddy of mine had this issue... Some people don't, again, crazy how individual this stuff is!!

Personally I LOVE the polarized yellow lens. I think it is the most versatile lens 509 puts out. does pretty well in nearly ALL conditions! I run the polar yellow all season and never change it!! but, we ride in a lot of clouds and THICK tree cover...

The SUPER nice thing bout the aviators is the lenses are SUPER easy to change out. I would get one pair and a spare lens that is different (color you look through, not the mirror tint color) so you can play with two different ones and see what YOUR eyes like. I have had TONS of people SWEAR by every single lens color 509 has... as well as some people say they COULD NOT wear a specific color, like at all!!!

Do you have a good dealer by you?? with a good display?? put goggles on and look outside! that will be the best test you're going to get without getting them on the snow and trying them out...

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
Missy, I've been working the 509 booth for the last few snow shows so let me see if I can some good information in for you on this...

Picking a lens is HANDS DOWN the hardest thing to do FOR someone!!!

Everyone's eyes are different and everyone's riding conditions are different! Something to know... the mirror tint can give you some added sun protection (besides looking cool) but can also mean you have to be more careful with your goggles. I am not... at all! ahahahha, so I choose not to run those even though I LOVE the way they look!

Also.... the mirror tint CAN create a reflection BACK to you... I had this issue and a buddy of mine had this issue... Some people don't, again, crazy how individual this stuff is!!

Personally I LOVE the polarized yellow lens. I think it is the most versatile lens 509 puts out. does pretty well in nearly ALL conditions! I run the polar yellow all season and never change it!! but, we ride in a lot of clouds and THICK tree cover...

The SUPER nice thing bout the aviators is the lenses are SUPER easy to change out. I would get one pair and a spare lens that is different (color you look through, not the mirror tint color) so you can play with two different ones and see what YOUR eyes like. I have had TONS of people SWEAR by every single lens color 509 has... as well as some people say they COULD NOT wear a specific color, like at all!!!

Do you have a good dealer by you?? with a good display?? put goggles on and look outside! that will be the best test you're going to get without getting them on the snow and trying them out...

Thank you! :face-icon-small-hap Very very helpful.

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
Emilie shed some light on some amazing points! And like she said, it is really up to the rider. Myself personally, cannot wear polarized even the yellow ones because it is simply too dark for me. I wear clear yellow tints. But like Em said, it is really nice to try them on and see what you think!

One word of advice to save some money down the road, if you think you are ever going to want polarized, buy the polarized goggle package with the lens, and spare hard case. Then add a tint or mirrored lens to the package. You will be at approx 189 bucks doing it this way vs. buying a normal aviator and then adding a polarized lens and hard case to the package. Saves ya 10 bucks or so :)

I

IdahoCrystal

Sep 5, 2008
Gem State
Best thing about 509's I found out last year is the warranty! I had a seal issue on my Aviator lenses I bought at the beginning of the season - I had already bought a couple more lenses anyway but a rep friend suggested I email 509 about the foggy ones - 509 asked me to send pics of my goggles and then they mailed me a replacement!

I don't know if other companies do this with goggles, but I love that 509 stood behind their product and I'm very likely to continue buying their stuff because of it.
:heart:

Premium Features