• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 AC Carbon Kitty build with M1000 Engine

W

WKR

Nov 27, 2007
western canada
Just started building first of 6 carbon sleds, this one is going to Norway and the gentlemen there will shoehorn an M1000 engine into it. I will keep the pics coming as it progresses.

WKM Build Sheet

2012 AC proclimb 800 STD new
C3 Carbon tunnel
C3 Carbon Hood
C3 Carbon fuel tank
C3 belt drive
C3 post forward kit
Tapps primary clutch
timbersled rear suspension with carbon fiber rails
fox floats
162 2.5" extreme
boss seat
sled parts all coated super black!
:rockon:

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
why ship it over..??..it will be so light you can have it delivered when the wind is just right >>>

W

WKR

Nov 27, 2007
western canada
Looks sweet. What does the timbersled weigh with the carbon fiber rails?

Why not make carbon fiber spindles?

havent put skid together yet, will post weight later next week. carbon spindles may be in the near future, working on it with c3

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Why the weight penalty of the original aluminum chain case? Mold a bearing plate in CF also and run C3's belt drive.

Snow Duck

The Great and Mighty SnowDuck
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2009
Kuna Idaho to Elk City Idaho..

EVEN THE GARBAGE CAN LIKES THE BUILD!!! Very nice build keep the pic's coming!! I would like to know what the weights end up being on all 6 if built different..

W

WKR

Nov 27, 2007
western canada
finished!!!

sled finished, just waiting for freighter to pick up. sled weighed 290lbs with no motor. i put clutches, wiring, pipe etc in the sled when i weighed it. added a few pics. belt drive cover is being anodized so no comments on the belt drive cover. theres one lucky norwegion losing sleep thining about the arrival of this thing.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I'm assuming you still had some loose ends to tie up. Looks like the coolers are hanging from the hoses in the rear of the tunnel, and no tensioner on the belt drive? Maybe the cover that is being anodized is part of that? Looks good! Thanks for sharing!

W

WKR

Nov 27, 2007
western canada
good eye

yes the rear cooler is not fastened to the tunnel, trying to decide whether or not to use a high temp glue or do i need to pop a rivet through that beautiful tunnel. i used high temp on mine last year and it held, but it was 3 feat long, this one is only 14 inches long and may not stick.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
yes the rear cooler is not fastened to the tunnel, trying to decide whether or not to use a high temp glue or do i need to pop a rivet through that beautiful tunnel. i used high temp on mine last year and it held, but it was 3 feat long, this one is only 14 inches long and may not stick.

I feel your pain, I would at a minimum put a black pop rivet in each corner. That way it is somewhat stealth and cheap insurance that it doesn't dislodge and get pulled forward by the spinning track.

L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
C3 Powersports products are awesome, that sled is very very nice - well done!

I
Jan 4, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Instead of drilling a hole in the tunnel, why not make a U bracket that you can slide in the tunnel, and use existing holes on the sides and have the bracket go on the hanging end of the cooler. just a thought, then you can glue the bracket to the tunnel as well so it doesn't bow out in middle. or bend a rib in the side. you could tig weld the cooler to the bracket as well. that is if i'm seeing the cooler the right way.

cooler.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features