• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

GPS Mount

S

Skippyspad

Dec 18, 2009
Loveland, CO
Looking for ideas to mount a GPS unit on the sled. Any pics would be helpful.

For the moderators - How about a catagory on electronics.....GPS, Avy Beacons, Satelite Locators, Communication Devices etc...
I see a lot of reviews with comments about problems folks have had with equipment that, just like our sleds, could probably have been solved by someone with some experience with the device instead of sending it back and ripping a company a new one for a problem they may not have even known about.

Thanks,
Mike

D
Nov 26, 2007
From Away
sno-gps3.jpg

sno-gps2.jpg

sno-gps1.jpg

0209001042.jpg

Using RAM mount to homemade mount on riser.

Last edited:
E

EagleRiverDee

Dec 15, 2009
Eagle River, Alaska
I used a RAM mount for mine, but placed the GPS underneath the bars below the windshield. It's out of the way of me if I get thrown into the bars, it's set too high for my knees to hit it, and yet low enough that if I roll the machine the bars will protect it. I like the placement because it's protected but at the same time when I'm in my normal riding position I can easily see the face of my GPS. I'll see if I can get a picture of it.

Fireman35

Lifetime Membership
Aug 11, 2009
Burlington,WI
what did you get? and wheres the pics?? I have the Garmin legend, water proof and able to plug it straight in to 12 volt plug works great.

S

Skippyspad

Dec 18, 2009
Loveland, CO
what did you get? and wheres the pics?? I have the Garmin legend, water proof and able to plug it straight in to 12 volt plug works great.

So there I was at the local Sporting Goods store digging through the "Clearance Bin" when I stumble accross this. $6 BTW, I already had the GPS unit

100_0299.jpg 100_0300.jpg 100_0301.jpg 100_0302.jpg

Last edited:
V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I mount mine up higher so you can see them while sitting or standing. They also can be folded back into the handlebar for protection if needed. Since I needed a 3" riser I made a mount that kicked out off the riser and then made a cover over both. On the wifes sled, she didn't need a riser so I made a sleeve for the side of the mountain bar that bolts down with the bar bolt. Used a piece of shrink tubing to cover the end and simply use the stainless steel U-bolt to attach the RAM ball.

Premium Features