• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

spot 2

giddyup

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
deer valley sask.
anyone heard any news on this . i talked to them every couple of weeks, they say they are shipping put none of the dealers have anything, would like to get mine some time this year, anyone seen any in the stores yet???

giddyup

summitbound

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Benalto , AB
Spot 2

I have the Spot 1 and I just got an email saying I can upgrade to a Spot 2
How are the Spot 2 working,I thought there was some problem's at first

Thank's Bruce

sierraclimber

Premium Member
Dec 14, 2009
Oakhurst, CA (western sierra)
The initial problem with the spot 2 was electronic. It drained the batteries to fast.

My replacement spot 2 has been working great. Its supposed to have a stronger satellite signal than spot 1 for better communication. So far I would say it does.

giddyup

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
deer valley sask.
it seems they are shipping out the replacements for the problemed ones from this fall, has anyone seen any in the dealers for sale yet, my dealer is still waiting for a delivery date from spot, any one see any out there

giddyup

hypnotoad

Lifetime Membership
Mar 21, 2009
mine is saying the same thing, waiting on SPOT for delivery

hypnotoad

Lifetime Membership
Mar 21, 2009
My dealer said that he just got word that his order has just been shipped

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
Have you had to USE YOUR SPOT TO SAVE YOUR LIFE YET? dont count on it , mine didnot work and I had to drag myself out 3.5 hrs worth.They called me 10 days later and ?ed if all ok ,they receved mine in the mail smashed ,they sead there system wes down for a couple of hrs and did NOT RECEVE ANY EMERGENCY SIGNALS. they had no coment!! buy a personal locater becon there signal goes to international search and resque!!

hypnotoad

Lifetime Membership
Mar 21, 2009
So what if this personal locator system is down? Sorry to say but sh!t happens, I'm not buying this to save me I'm getting it to give my family a bit of peace of mind. If something does happen to me I'm relying on help from my riding partners not a satilite signal.

giddyup

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
deer valley sask.
trouble

i can see the system beeing down but it should keep transmitting, and i think the new one has a light to let you know if the message got sent, Just got the call to day from my dealer that my spot2 is in, will have to pick it up tomorrow and see how it works

giddyup

giddyup

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
deer valley sask.
got my new spot 2 up and running today, much faster times, when i check in i get a email on my phone within a couple of min, seems the gps is more sensitive as well, better coverage and i still get signel

giddyup

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I don't like the that with the old version you have to stare at the blinking green light for up to 5 min straight to see if it went through. Do the new ones have a better signal light or audible sound to let you know the message went through?

Premium Features